• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More police sexism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
    I wasn't arguing against anonymity for the accused - I was the first in this thread to suggest it.

I'm against the removal of the law that says a case can't be brought against the accuser in cases of sexual assault etc. Which is what would need to be done to punish her for lying.
    The focus here should not be the accuser. Its the police.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      The focus here should not be the accuser. Its the police.....
      I agree the police need looking at but also if someone makes a false accusation and it can be proven to be malicious then they should face some kind of punishment.

Just think when we all have contact lenses in that sync video to the cloud automatically it's going to be much easier to prove these things.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I agree the police need looking at but also if someone makes a false accusation and it can be proven to be malicious then they should face some kind of punishment.

Just think when we all have contact lenses in that sync video to the cloud automatically it's going to be much easier to prove these things.
        While 10% of rapes end in conviction and that figure is seen as too low then it won't happen.

You have to get with the program.

A great pity as way too many men are getting away with way too much. Encouraging false convictions won't move things forward.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          We need minority report stuff too......

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            If a man is silly enough to agree that his wife didn't need to work and should be primary carer of their children when they were married, then he shouldn't be surprised that the family courts back that when they get divorced.
            While I agree that no-one should be surprised, I'm not sure about the "silly enough". What's wrong with one parent not working, but focussing on the kids? You might not choose to do it that way, but plenty do.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              While I agree that no-one should be surprised, I'm not sure about the "silly enough". What's wrong with one parent not working, but focussing on the kids? You might not choose to do it that way, but plenty do.
              My brother-out-law looks after the kids while my sister works.

It is generally better if one parent looks after the kids until they are at school and even then they should only work part-time until secondary school.

I remember picking baby bp up from nursery at lunch and some other girl called me daddy. She clearly wanted to be with her parents - made me want to cry.....

Comment

Here's a controversial take:

Sir Ian McKellen: Women partly to blame for sex scandal | Daily Mail Online

Can we all have a massive argument about this please?
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Can we all have a massive argument about this please?
                  No we bloody can't!

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                    No we bloody can't!
                    I take great issue with that comment! You slag!

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                      I take great issue with that comment! You slag!
                      I disagree.

Comment

Working...
                      X