• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More police sexism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have fought for equality in the family courts. Which makes me a misogynist.

The family court sexism re-enforces the view that women should have babies and not work.

Personally I think women should be treated equally in the workplace. Sorry you disagree.
    If a man is silly enough to agree that his wife didn't need to work and should be primary carer of their children when they were married, then he shouldn't be surprised that the family courts back that when they get divorced.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      If a man is silly enough to agree that his wife didn't need to work and should be primary carer of their children when they were married, then he shouldn't be surprised that the family courts back that when they get divorced.

I could not agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Welcome to the right wing politically correct world where to be misogynistic or racist is freedom of expression but to call them out it one of the worst things on CUK. And you could have just said 'I disagree.'
        A CUK member was smeared with a serious sex crime simply for expressing a view contradictory to yours.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
          A CUK member was smeared with a serious sex crime simply for expressing a view contradictory to yours.
          Have you reported the post as abuse?

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              No.
              Probably just as well. Well known that NLyUK is re-incarnation of a banned poster. So clearly they have some sort of blackmail stuff on admin....

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                I understand that isn't anyones intention. However I firmly believe that would be how some rape victims would perceive things.

Black and white cases are rare. False allegations are rare. I don't think it's worth changing an important law that provides absolute protection to victims to counter a practically non existent problem.

It's quite possible to withdraw consent at any time you know.
                How rare are false allegations? Some figures that I've seen say around 8%, that's not rare to me. This guy would not have counted in these stats if his lawyer did not insist on seeing the evidence the police ignored.

What would have happened if this women had not been stupid enough to text him, so there was no independent proof? He would have been convicted. So we don't know how rare it is, even at 8% (metro article quoting a study) that's not rare to me.

I don't think it's wrong for a judge to decide if both parties should keep their anonymity or not.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  How rare are false allegations? Some figures that I've seen say around 8%, that's not rare to me. This guy would not have counted in these stats if his lawyer did not insist on seeing the evidence the police ignored.

What would have happened if this women had not been stupid enough to text him, so there was no independent proof? He would have been convicted. So we don't know how rare it is, even at 8% (metro article quoting a study) that's not rare to me.

I don't think it's wrong for a judge to decide if both parties should keep their anonymity or not.
                  I wasn't arguing against anonymity for the accused - I was the first in this thread to suggest it.

I'm against the removal of the law that says a case can't be brought against the accuser in cases of sexual assault etc. Which is what would need to be done to punish her for lying.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                    I wasn't arguing against anonymity for the accused - I was the first in this thread to suggest it.

I'm against the removal of the law that says a case can't be brought against the accuser in cases of sexual assault etc. Which is what would need to be done to punish her for lying.
                    My mistake. That will teach me to reply to a reply made more than a few hours ago - memory isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

I believe only 10% of rape claims end in conviction. There is a perception that is too low and should be increased.

I am not sure of the best way forward. However it does appear that women need more intimacy before sex than men do.

Maybe there should be alot more use of sex robots?

Comment

Working...
                      X