• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sit stand motorised desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sit stand motorised desk

Recently went into a furniture store and tried one and decided I must get one to reduce the back problems I’ve recently been suffering from.

Has anybody got one of these recently? Ikea do a few different ones but I’d rather avoid the cheap stuff. Any recommendations?

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Recently went into a furniture store and tried one and decided I must get one to reduce the back problems I’ve recently been suffering from.

Has anybody got one of these recently? Ikea do a few different ones but I’d rather avoid the cheap stuff. Any recommendations?
    I bought one from the guys below a while back.

https://iwantastandingdesk.com/

If you are standing you probably want to get some kind of mat for your poor feet - the mat in the link below is unavailable but may give you an idea.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry to say I've not used my standing desk in a while, mostly because I have so many wires now that half of them are not long enough to raise the desk.

Comment

Why didn't you buy the one in the furniture store you were in?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Why didn't you buy the one in the furniture store you were in?
        Because his wheelchair got a puncture.

Comment

Any recommendations?

Comment

Maybe consider something more simple.

Then it will match your personality

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I've not used one but not all Ikea stuff is cheap (in price or quality). The Bekant is £455 with a 10 year warranty.

If you really want an expensive desk (four figures), then look at the Humanscale Float:

https://www.humanscale.com/products/...fm?group=float

Comment

End clientco has ikea Bekants. Very nice for the money and given time I will get one
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  End clientco has ikea Bekants. Very nice for the money and given time I will get one
                  Am considering those but reviews don’t look too good in terms of reliability and stability.

Anybody tried these

https://www.furna.co.uk/collections/...sit-stand-desk

Comment

I have an Ikea one at home, and at client site there's another make/model. When I find my energy is waning, it's good to stand for a while.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X