• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official Contractor UK Budget Thread 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I heard that some of the winners today will be

The NHS
    Social Housing

will be interesting to see how much you guys moan about losing a few quid because we want to subsidize some super rich offshore tax evaders, corporations and corrupt politicians .
    FTFY
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The NHS
      Social Housing

will be interesting to see how much you guys moan about losing a few quid because we want to take some homeless people off the street.
      I wouldn't moan at all if the government actually succeeded in ensuring everyone has a decent home, or making the NHS efficient at the point of use. But they won't, so the money will just be wasted. As ever.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        FTFY
        Thanks!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I wouldn't moan at all if the government actually succeeded in ensuring everyone has a decent home, or making the NHS efficient at the point of use. But they won't, so the money will just be wasted. As ever.
        So it would be better in your pockets?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          I have been on the bench for 5 months give it a few more and I might be one of them
          JSA? 21 weeks at £75 = over £1500.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

take some homeless people off the street
            I fail to understand why we have these 'homeless'. They are priority cases and are housed as emergencies. If by homeless you mean those that should not be here or have burnt their bridges with officialdom then you won't be taking them off the street as any measures will be designed to appease the Left.

Comment

The official (subject to AtW approval) budget as it happens thread

Can't watch it from clientco, so can people post the horrors here as these unfold?

TIA
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

oops, sorry, looks like saptastic beat me to it. (Didn't notice that thread at the bottom of the page)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The Official status approved!

Always choose the Official threads where available - never accept poor substitutions!

Comment

The NHS
                    Social Housing

will be interesting to see how much you guys moan about losing a few quid because we want to take some homeless people off the street.
                    Maybe they should use some of the money they taxed extra just two years ago - not a few quid, a lot more...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Always choose the Official threads where available - never accept poor substitutions!
                      But substitution is one of the tests.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X