• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official Contractor UK Budget Thread 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Well, that's plan B sorted then
    To be honest I think that Vat fraud is a little too much effort. Try this one on for size:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FdHq3WfJgs

Comment

Who knows, maybe he'll form his own limited company, divert all his income into it and ***** off whilst some other monkey deals with the fallout of his and May's ineptitude.
      According to the Register of MPs interests, Hammond is a beneficiary of a trust that owns a housebuilding firm that, according to the Times has been engaging in the 'land banking' so demonised by, um Mr Hammond.

Philip Hammond’s housebuilding company has sat on undeveloped housing plot for 7 years
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Anthony Codling, analyst at City firm Jefferies, calculates that the average buyer spends £165,000 on a first home. The removal of stamp duty on a such a property will be worth £800 – small beer if you’re aiming for a 5% deposit, representing £8,250 in this example. “If the goal of the budget was to help increase home ownership, the wrong lever has been pulled,” was Codling’s common sense conclusion.
        https://www.theguardian.com/business...ing-help-lines
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Yeah but 800 quid is better than a kick in the bollox?

Comment

It makes the government sound nice.

It's all about image.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X