• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Smart Ventures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Smart Ventures

    Hi has anyone heard of Smart Ventures? They are not the umbrella company but to hook u up with their associated umbrella companies to run their "legal" scheme that they claim they can help contractor to take hone 80 to 85% with nothing illegal tricks.

    I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them rather than just saying all these companies do is scam if possible thanks very much

    #2
    Drop it and run away as fast as possible unless you want to be hounded by HMRC for the next decade and pay untold costs in back taxes and fines. There is no way to take home that percentage through anything other than your own limited company.

    going here will show you the woes of those contractors that have fallen for this crap in the past.

    HMRC Scheme Enquiries

    Comment


      #3
      Anything that offers these kind of percentages is dodgy.

      Run away. Fast.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

      Comment


        #4
        Oh, and we do laugh and point at posters who complain after the event (so you might not get anyone here who is going to admit to that experience).

        #justsayin.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

        Comment


          #5
          It worries me that HMRC have helped to create a whole new generation of this problem.

          They should have been out canvassing to shut these firms down while pushing ir35 reforms in government.

          Too many non IT workers will be falling into this ☹️

          Comment


            #6
            HMRC won't do anything about them only option is to report them for force advertising. HMRC have forced people away from generally sound tax advice and into cowboys like this disgraceful really.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by WilC View Post
              Hi has anyone heard of Smart Ventures? They are not the umbrella company but to hook u up with their associated umbrella companies to run their "legal" scheme that they claim they can help contractor to take hone 80 to 85% with nothing illegal tricks.

              I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them rather than just saying all these companies do is scam if possible thanks very much
              Yes, they are really good, they also give you a company car for the first year and £10 vouchers for Greggs.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by WilC View Post
                I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them rather than just saying all these companies do is scam if possible thanks very much
                Join them - nothing will go wrong and you'll have so much more money than the other contractors you work with. Plus they give bonuses if you encourage others to join up.*

                * I'm kidding its a trap and if you really think you can avoid paying HMRC money then you are a bigger fool than most. Also since September 30th encouraging people to join a scheme has been a criminal offence if you profit from it...
                Last edited by eek; 15 October 2017, 13:15.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Join them - nothing will go wrong and you'll have so much more money than the other contractors you work with. Plus they give bonuses if you encourage others to join up.*

                  * I'm kidding its a trap and if you really think you can avoid paying HMRC money then you are a bigger fool than most. Also since September 30th encouraging people to join a scheme has been a criminal offence if you profit from it...
                  Thanks for advices everyone, there is no forced advertising, no encouraging others, no fool, I'm just asking, if U don't ask u don't know, I'm a contractor using compliant umbrella too. Thx anyway

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by WilC View Post
                    Thanks for advices everyone, there is no forced advertising, no encouraging others, no fool, I'm just asking, if U don't ask u don't know, I'm a contractor using compliant umbrella too. Thx anyway
                    And I’m sure you’re not WiiC. This is more for those reading this thread in the future.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X