• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Smart Ventures

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Smart Ventures"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    They have a website now!

And their address... it's got 25,436 other companies addressed there too.
    Their website was developed/registered in...
    Registrant's address: Birkirkara, Malta

Now, why is Malta getting mentioned on these forums?

Oh yes...
    https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/56022287
    Noe THAT’s a fabulous resource! And I recognise one name from the very first company.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    They have a website now!

And their address... it's got 25,436 other companies addressed there too.
    Their website was developed/registered in...
    Registrant's address: Birkirkara, Malta

Now, why is Malta getting mentioned on these forums?

Oh yes...
    https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/56022287

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up madebisi

Leave a comment:

• madebisi
    replied
    Extra Info

The company you mentioned was set up earlier this year:
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10711119

The directorship has changed hands several times since it was set up.
    The company cannot be found when searching for it on the internet (apart from via companies house)
    They haven’t registered a domain name.

Can you provide a link to their website, or tell us how you heard of them, because they are doing no marketing/advertising.
    well they have been talking to me for a few weeks, but i haven't had a chance to concentrate on what they were really talking about..Until i told a colleague about this scheme...and he laughed out loud...saying "86%?? who pays the taxman??" thats when I started to suspect this was a scam.. then I did some research...online.. and BAM the penny has dropped!!

I got another email from them today:

Client Services - Brad
    Email <mod snip>

Watch out.. Dont get stung!!

Leave a comment:

• Ilisdad
    replied
    (New here) I have been contacted and aggressively pushed towards using their dare I say it ‘Tax efficient’ solution via trust account and expenses, they explained it as a reverse pension, anyway as I got burnt 2012-13 using Darwin (yes I know, lucky only a month at the end of the tax year) I told them I wasn’t interested, still didn’t stop them emailing a projection and repeated phone calls..

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied

The company cannot be found when searching for it on the internet (apart from via companies house)

Can you provide a link to their website, or tell us how you heard of them, because they are doing no marketing/advertising.
    I had a call from them on Wednesday but it didn't register on my phone as I didn't have a reception at the time. They left a message pretty much saying they could set me up to take home 80-86% of my company earnings and they can work with your current accountant if required.

I deleted the message without taking too much notice of the details like her name, contact number, etc. or I could have posted them here.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    The advice given is true. Any company offering 80%+ take home is doing something dodgy/illegal and when HMRC catch up with the contractors who got sucked into their scheme, it will be the contractors who have to pay.
    Other than warning someone off and then mocking that someone, what else is there to say?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Smart Ventures

Originally posted by WilC View Post
    I would go on a home improvement forum and ask if any locals use a builder recommended to me yes nothing wrong with that, certainly there are a lot of people think they are very smart to give funny comments when new guys ask questions here, go luck to those nice ppl here giving genuine comments and advises, won’t be back and those think they don’t care I don’t either, life too short to deal with unfriendly people
    The advice given is true. Any company offering 80%+ take home is doing something dodgy/illegal and when HMRC catch up with the contractors who got sucked into their scheme, it will be the contractors who have to pay.

Leave a comment:

• WilC
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Would you go onto a home improvement forum and ask whether you should let a cut-price cowboy rewire your house? And then say you want to know if anyone has any experience of this rather than just saying all these companies do is burn your house down if possible thanks very much?
    I would go on a home improvement forum and ask if any locals use a builder recommended to me yes nothing wrong with that, certainly there are a lot of people think they are very smart to give funny comments when new guys ask questions here, go luck to those nice ppl here giving genuine comments and advises, won’t be back and those think they don’t care I don’t either, life too short to deal with unfriendly people

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is that Smarting as in the feeling you get after a kicking?
    I was thinking more along the lines of HMRC pulling your pants down and not providing any lube. The Smarting Ventures hidden logo has a double meaning.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Their real name is Smarting Ventures.

They have a hidden logo that only becomes visible years down the line when HMRC wake up:
    Is that Smarting as in the feeling you get after a kicking?

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have not heard of Smart Ventures. Scam Ventures. Illegal Ventures. Bankruptcy Ventures. But not Smart Ventures.
    Their real name is Smarting Ventures.

They have a hidden logo that only becomes visible years down the line when HMRC wake up:

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WilC View Post
    Hi has anyone heard of Smart Ventures? They are not the umbrella company but to hook u up with their associated umbrella companies to run their "legal" scheme that they claim they can help contractor to take hone 80 to 85% with nothing illegal tricks.

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them rather than just saying all these companies do is scam if possible thanks very much
    Would you go onto a home improvement forum and ask whether you should let a cut-price cowboy rewire your house? And then say you want to know if anyone has any experience of this rather than just saying all these companies do is burn your house down if possible thanks very much?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I have not heard of Smart Ventures. Scam Ventures. Illegal Ventures. Bankruptcy Ventures. But not Smart Ventures.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X