• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its all kicking off in Las Vegas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    More likely it was someone who could not sleep due to all the noise from the country music. In fact the CUK Insomnia thread might provide clues as to who it could be.
    Having stayed in that hotel I can assure you it is extremely well sound-proofed. It needs to be because the main airport is across the road; you can see jets taking off but you can't hear them. The windows are gold plated and don't open, btw.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The guy was a terrorist as defined under state law
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Can't see the ISIS link being true, they just do that to make them seem they still have power.

Someone's nanna driving accidentally knocks a child over in the road, cue ISIS response: yeah she was working for us, converted a few hours ago.

Edit: was right

FBI: 'No connection' to IS
        The FBI says the gunman has no connection to IS.

“We have determined at this point no connection to an international terrorist organisation,” they said.

Earlier today, the so-called Islamic State group released a statement through its news outlet saying it was behind the attack.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Can't see the ISIS link being true, they just do that to make them seem they still have power.

Someone's nanna driving accidentally knocks a child over in the road, cue ISIS response: yeah she was working for us, converted a few hours ago.

Edit: was right

FBI: 'No connection' to IS
          The FBI says the gunman has no connection to IS.

“We have determined at this point no connection to an international terrorist organisation,” they said.

Earlier today, the so-called Islamic State group released a statement through its news outlet saying it was behind the attack.

qh
          Reminds me of the introduction to one of Douglas Adams’ novels - had to google it - the Long Dark Teatime of the Soul. An explosion in London and the IRA, the PLO and British Gas all accept responsibility.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            The windows are gold plated and don't open, btw.

It showed one of the windows broken, presumably by the perp.

Astonishing he managed to kill and injure so many, though no figures on how many injured by bullet/shrapnel or by trying to get away or by others trying to do same.

How the yanks can legally own such military grade hardware is bonkers. Fair enough, if they want to preserve their rights to a musket or whatever they had when the constitution was written, maybe limit the fire rate of the rifles so the police have chance to put the perps down before they can get off hundreds of rounds.

If they still don't do something about automatic weapons then the USA is truly sick. The Sandy Hook kid massacre should have been their wake up call that they need to fix their collective mentality.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Astonishing he managed to kill and injure so many, though no figures on how many injured by bullet/shrapnel or by trying to get away or by others trying to do same.

How the yanks can legally own such military grade hardware is bonkers. Fair enough, if they want to preserve their rights to a musket or whatever they had when the constitution was written, maybe limit the fire rate of the rifles so the police have chance to put the perps down before they can get off hundreds of rounds.

If they still don't do something about automatic weapons then the USA is truly sick. The Sandy Hook kid massacre should have been their wake up call that they need to fix their collective mentality.
              I had a bit of a heated “debate” on twitter last night (apologies to anyone who reads my rants on there) with a couple of Americans.
              Bottom line is they believe that there is no issue with guns, in fact more people should be armed - the argument being “just in case the government turns against us” or “what if there is a natural disaster and the government can’t help us for weeks, how do we defend ourselves”
              I.e. you are not allowed to do anything that might reduce the ease of purchasing guns and bullets.
              Yet the injured have to find the money to pay for private ambulances taking them to private hospitals where they will pay huge bills.

It’s a screwed up country where you can have easy access to weapons, but difficult access to healthcare.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's so ingrained over there though. It's going to take generations to change attitudes. I was in Las Vegas 2 weeks ago and we were chatting about guns as I was going to book one of the shooting experiences out there. More people than I expected where adamant about owning them, Easily in the majority of people I spoke to. The problem is they see themselves as safe so why should they not carry a weapon. It's always someone else that carries out the atrocities so they can't see why they can't carry one just because of them. Nearly every single person I asked had a story how their firearm kept them safe in a situation so they've got the evidence they need to keep them.

They've got to change hearts and minds and a way of life. However bad these events get you just won't do that with a law.

It's so different to here. You have to go speak to these people to have even a hope of trying to understand the problem.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Fair enough, if they want to preserve their rights to a musket or whatever they had when the constitution was written,
                  The amendment was originally intended to allow a local militia to be raised in times of need, not for every man jack and loony to own military grade weapons. Read this for more myth busting concerning the USA.

One does have to question what exactly the gun toting population are defending themselves from.

Comment

When field artillery is outlawed, only outlaws will have field artillery.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      ]One does have to question what exactly the gun toting population are defending themselves from.
                      As WTFH said. The government.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X