• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wedding Etiquette Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Might as well just give them one of these (and a tube of superglue)....

Put the superglue inside. But no cash of course...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      I try to avoid "middle-aged" stag do's these days. Some want to go clubbing (I'm too old), Spearmint Rhino is pointless now we have the internet, and the idea of a golf weekend on the Algarve fills me with a deep sense of gloom. Frankly, I'd rather have some typhoid.
      So if it's none of those, count me in. Do I need to bring a copy of my infraction or do you keep them on file?
      I won't actually check infractions. Anyone who wants to go mod-bashing is welcome.

The first step will be covering him head to foot with gel wrappers. Then the real fun starts.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I won't actually check infractions. Anyone who wants to go mod-bashing is welcome.

The first step will be covering him head to foot with gel wrappers. Then the real fun starts.....
        have you engaged with any mental health professionals? - they may be able to fix that.

Comment

IIRC Traditional etiquette is that the best man pays for the honeymoon.

Comment

BBC Radio 4 - More or Less: Behind the Stats, WS More or Less: Wedding gift economics
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
              IIRC Traditional etiquette is that the best man pays for the honeymoon.
              That explains why Brillo has asked me to keep one day free every other year for the next decade.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                Extending on from my original query, do I just include the cheque (if not cash) inside the card, or should this be put into another envelope and/or with a gift message inside the card ?
                Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                In answer to the OP. I would consider how much I would genuinely spend on a gift and just pop the cash in a card. You don't have to reference the cash in the card, keep that to generic "congratulations on your big day, sorry I can't be there"

There was something in the news recently where a couple were charging £150 for people to attend their wedding
                Seeing as you missed it

Comment

Not seen that before - donations to pay for their "holiday" sod that.

Then again I dont agree with that idea that you bring people something back from holiday. Total crap. Mrs family are well into it. As you know we got to florida a lot and some of her family actually say "can you get me that?". No offer of payment they expect it as a present.

They're a bit of a jealous lot mind. I reckon part of their idea is "well you're lucky to be going on holiday so least you can do is buy me something".
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Not seen that before - donations to pay for their "holiday" sod that.

Then again I dont agree with that idea that you bring people something back from holiday. Total crap. Mrs family are well into it. As you know we got to florida a lot and some of her family actually say "can you get me that?". No offer of payment they expect it as a present.

They're a bit of a jealous lot mind. I reckon part of their idea is "well you're lucky to be going on holiday so least you can do is buy me something".
                    It's a weird one isn't it. It's always a pain I the arse knowing what to buy them. I despise buying people stuff that I know they won't really want so they give what appears to be an easy option but that rubs people up even more. You'd think it would be preferable to the hassle buying something but it causes so much angst.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      It's a weird one isn't it. It's always a pain I the arse knowing what to buy them. I despise buying people stuff that I know they won't really want so they give what appears to be an easy option but that rubs people up even more. You'd think it would be preferable to the hassle buying something but it causes so much angst.
                      I guess in the old days people wouldnt have lived together before marriage so they needed shedloads of stuff.

We lived together but still needed loads of stuff cos we were skint (21 years ago). Don't people use wedding lists these days?
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X