• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wedding Etiquette Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extending on from my original query, do I just include the cheque (if not cash) inside the card, or should this be put into another envelope and/or with a gift message inside the card ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Extending on from my original query, do I just include the cheque (if not cash) inside the card, or should this be put into another envelope and/or with a gift message inside the card ?
      Just bung it in the card.

If they are decent people they will just be grateful.

If they are ******* then who gives a **** what they think.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        What did you do to cause them to throw the bowls at you?

I can't wait for the stag do. I will invite all those you have given infractions to over the years.....
        I try to avoid "middle-aged" stag do's these days. Some want to go clubbing (I'm too old), Spearmint Rhino is pointless now we have the internet, and the idea of a golf weekend on the Algarve fills me with a deep sense of gloom. Frankly, I'd rather have some typhoid.
        So if it's none of those, count me in. Do I need to bring a copy of my infraction or do you keep them on file?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Do I need to bring a copy of my infraction or do you keep them on file?
          It's on file.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thankfully ZeitSis specified "no presents" in the wedding invite, much to Zeity's relief.

Anyway they've got a fecking sight more money than I have.

Comment

The wedding couple have asked for donations to their honeymoon next year. My query is whether it is the done thing to just enclose cash with the card, or should I write a cheque ?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                Though wouldn't be better to give them the empty coin bottle with the word "Money box" printed on it?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you can drop it off in person put cash in it e.g. put it through their own or their parents' letter box.

That way you avoid the modern issue over names and who to write the cheque to.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Though wouldn't be better to give them the empty coin bottle with the word "Money box" printed on it?
                    Might as well just give them one of these (and a tube of superglue)....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      why should anyone give money to people just because they're stupid enough to get married?
                      works for ex Mrs BP!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X