• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal tulipe food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    This is CUK General. The thread title is 'Halal tulipe food'. Not difficult to piece it together.

I do however accept that you are not using this as a fig leaf and are just an out-of-the-closet bigot, who sees an animal welfare angle to exploit. As I said before, it's a long-standing BNP trick.
    Bigot? For not liking religion? Especially one steeped in some of the most shocking bigotry?

You really are a cock of the highest order :

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      so is it 'still good enough for you' or has the facts being different to what you thought changed your position?

I'm just wondering as that was your stated reason.
      There is a compromise solution, which is to highly regulate (including labelling) of non-stunned meat, so that Jewish people who follow a kosher diet can continue to do so while limiting the practice, and halal meat is all from stunned animals.

Comment

We're going to meet the headmaster of the school to discuss this. I don't expect much to come of it - having read up on the issue it appears that much of the UK has succumbed to serving halal food in schools. I guess this is the way the country is going.

I will put one thing straight:

Halal killings are cruel. If that's what your religion makes you believe is correct, then so be it. But don't force that down my throat. And if a school or any other public establishment feels it is necessary to serve halal food, then then should also serve un-halal meat. Why pander to one specific religion? Either pander to them all or bow down to none.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          There is a compromise solution, which is to highly regulate (including labelling) of non-stunned meat, so that Jewish people who follow a kosher diet can continue to do so while limiting the practice, and halal meat is all from stunned animals.
          most Jewish people I've met are pretty pragmatic and would probably be happy to accept stunned kosher meat as a compromise.
          When we reach the sunny uplands of Brexit and have our control back we can legislate for all meat to be stunned and the very few that prefer to taste the fear can import it.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            We're going to meet the headmaster of the school to discuss this. I don't expect much to come of it - having read up on the issue it appears that much of the UK has succumbed to serving halal food in schools. I guess this is the way the country is going.

Halal killings are cruel. If that's what your religion makes you believe is correct, then so be it. But don't force that down my throat. And if a school or any other public establishment feels it is necessary to serve halal food, then then should also serve un-halal meat. Why pander to one specific religion? Either pander to them all or bow down to none.
            Will you be raising wider animal welfare standards in the conversation? It's a good opportunity. Take a look at: http://www.theguardian.com/environme...-welfare-farms

Also, worth a conversation as to stunned vs non-stunned slaughter?

Comment

Halal tulipe food

If the concern is for the welfare of the animal, then halal is far better than kosher. Most (90%) of halal slaughter in the UK, the animal is stunned before slaughter.
              Kosher slaughter does not allow for stunning the animal.

There is some misinformation on this thread about stunning animals, but that’s to be expected. An animal can be stunned but not killed, then killed after that, or it can be stunned to the extent that the stunning kills it.
              Because an animal has been killed in a way considered halal does not mean it was not stunned before it was killed. A point lost on many, and a point that shows that halal slaughter is no more cruel than “normal” slaughter.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

really???????

I mean..... Really?????

FFS
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

so is it 'still good enough for you' or has the facts being different to what you thought changed your position?

I'm just wondering as that was your stated reason.
                  I'm against non stun ritual slaughter.

If they want to say a prayer to some weird beard sat on a cloud then fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                    Bigot? For not liking religion? Especially one steeped in some of the most shocking bigotry?

You really are a cock of the highest order :
                    And I'm sure you see yourself as Roland at the pass.

But it's good to have it out in the open what this objection to halal is really about.

Comment

really???????

I mean..... Really?????

FFS
                      Yes, because he refuses to understand halal slaughter.

Maybe the headmaster will try to educate him, I doubt it will succeed.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X