• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal tulipe food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    The British Veterinary Association have performed extensive studies into ritual slaughter and concluded that it causes immense suffering .

That's good enough for me.

They have recommended to various governments that it be outlawed.
    no. They have called for an end to non-stun slaughter. Meat can be stunned and still halal (but not kosher).
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      no. They have called for an end to non-stun slaughter. Meat can be stunned and still halal (but not kosher).
      Yes, ok.

Comment

You were the one who brought the wider issue of Muslims into it.

Anyhow, I'm not using this issue as a fig leaf for my dislike for this and other religions. I'm fairly open about that..
        This is CUK General. The thread title is 'Halal tulipe food'. Not difficult to piece it together.

I do however accept that you are not using this as a fig leaf and are just an out-of-the-closet bigot, who sees an animal welfare angle to exploit. As I said before, it's a long-standing BNP trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Here it is:

http://www.bva.co.uk/uploadedFiles/C...ust%202017.pdf

Comment

Yes, ok.
            so is it 'still good enough for you' or has the facts being different to what you thought changed your position?

I'm just wondering as that was your stated reason.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              This is CUK General. The thread title is 'Halal tulipe food'. Not difficult to piece it together.

I do however accept that you are not using this as a fig leaf and are just an out-of-the-closet bigot, who sees an animal welfare angle to exploit. As I said before, it's a long-standing BNP trick.
              Was the thread raised in spite or because of the obvious religious connection? Is it not your assumption that it's because?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                Was the thread raised in spite or because of the obvious religious connection? Is it not your assumption that it's because?
                Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  Within the context of CUK General and broader Internet discourse, it seems pretty unlikely that the one area of farm animal welfare that is singled out also happens to be the one area of the supply chain is a Muslim practice.

Comment

Within the context of CUK General and broader Internet discourse, it seems pretty unlikely that the one area of farm animal welfare that is singled out also happens to be the one area of the supply chain is a Muslim practice.
                    It also happens to be the only one being forced upon the populace thicko.

Comment

Perhaps because Muslims are the only ones pushing an agenda.

The rest of the multi-cultural (Christian, Atheist, Sikhs, Hindus, Jewish etc) school is quite happy to integrate and get on with life, together.

Comment

Working...
                      X