• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC's time machine setting sights on all graduates!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    I love it how people on an internet forum quickly lose it when they know they're on a losing streak and tippling over the edge. HTH.
    Walk away from the discussion. Probably best. I can't work out if you have now worked out that there is no retrospective taxation, or if you're too stupid. Doesn't really matter, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
      Snowflake brigade out in force, if we have had to pay for our education why shouldn't our elders?
      It cuts both ways. Enjoy your outside toilet and having to go down the council baths once a month to have a proper wash

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Walk away from the discussion. Probably best. I can't work out if you have now worked out that there is no retrospective taxation, or if you're too stupid. Doesn't really matter, I guess.
        Clearly you dont need to practice being a supercilious obnoxious gimp. But whatever, it was fun sparring with you

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
          Snowflake brigade out in force, if we have had to pay for our education why shouldn't our elders?
          Because elders vote and young people do not.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Because elders vote and young people do not.
            Brillo knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              I'm glad I dropped out. Simply wasting tax payers money on the education (I never turned up for) and all that lovely full grant money I spent on sex, drugs and rock'n'roll.

EDIT : Someone on the news earlier was saying that there is no record of who got a degree prior to 2005 anyway so there's a good cutoff date
              Universities have a list of who they graduated but unless you prove who you are you can't get transcripts or another degree certificate.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Trick question - as there's nobody around the monkey simply spends all day on AndyW's Mum

has to be an option
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Why is this an issue? I studied for my degree in the 80's and have absolutely no problem with this. If we expect the current generation to pay a tax for their degree it only seems fair that we do too. An extra 5% or so on future earnings isn't such a hardship for contractors on 100k + a year, surely?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The proposal to retrospectively pay tax for university education is of course ridiculous and if you only pay tax for education or public services that you used, I want to pay less tax as well as my children have private education and my family has private health insurance

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Why is this an issue? I studied for my degree in the 80's and have absolutely no problem with this. If we expect the current generation to pay a tax for their degree it only seems fair that we do too. An extra 5% or so on future earnings isn't such a hardship for contractors on 100k + a year, surely?
                      Most of us earn £8k a year. Dividends are discretionary....

Comment

Working...
                      X