• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hipster causes murder on a bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Glad you've learned something.
    I was using the past participle.
    Back at ya.... Oxford this time.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/us...rnt-vs-learned
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      I was using the past participle.
      Back at ya.... Oxford this time.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/us...rnt-vs-learned
      I wasn't correcting you. I was demonstrating the point that alternative spellings are often available in British English. Sorry to disappoint.

Comment

I personally think fixed wheel bikes should only be allowed on a track/closed road in much the same way as some cars are.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          However at this point it seems he had the priority. She was looking at her phone...
          That changes things, though the cyclist should still have had the ability to stop when he saw the danger.

While the death penalty for her was harsh, the mobile phone zombies that plague our streets are fair game if they can't focus on the dangers at hand rather than the distraction in their hand.

We've had plants vs zombies, next it's cyclists v zombidestrians.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            In London I get abuse from cyclists even when using the pedestrian crossing. They aim at pedestrians and shout abuse.
            I'm very pro cyclist in general, but there's a zebra crossing near my accommodation where Cyclists think it's acceptable to go around people without breaking pace. I don't know what ****s me off more, the fact that they're so aggressive on their bikes or that not one has had the balls to actually get off their bike and reassert their attitude to my face when I remind them it's a Zebra Crossing. I tend to just get sworn at before they pedal off as quick as they can like the cowards they are. Drivers get a lot of stick, but honestly, cyclists in London are every bit as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              I'm very pro cyclist in general, but there's a zebra crossing near my accommodation where Cyclists think it's acceptable to go around people without breaking pace. I don't know what ****s me off more, the fact that they're so aggressive on their bikes or that not one has had the balls to actually get off their bike and reassert their attitude to my face when I remind them it's a Zebra Crossing. I tend to just get sworn at before they pedal off as quick as they can like the cowards they are. Drivers get a lot of stick, but honestly, cyclists in London are every bit as bad.
              Do you know how to clothesline someone?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Do you know how to clothesline someone?
                Not to be confused with pegging someone.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  Get an umbrella?

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    That changes things, though the cyclist should still have had the ability to stop when he saw the danger.

While the death penalty for her was harsh, the mobile phone zombies that plague our streets are fair game if they can't focus on the dangers at hand rather than the distraction in their hand.

We've had plants vs zombies, next it's cyclists v zombidestrians.
                    And gratuitous Michelle Ryan picture (Cockneys Versus Zombies).

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      Not to be confused with pegging someone.
                      is that a "Dry Hump"?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X