Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 202

Super poster

Fred Bloggs 's job has never been outsourced

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Slightly more seriously, I have a close relative who suffers Asperger Syndrome. The statistics are that more than 90% of people with this condition are unemployed. This relative got a cracking maths degree and is now a civil servant. But he got many, many knock backs from employers because he can't really do interviews at all well. As a matter of fact, the civil service recruitment now does not have interviews. He got the job. Diversity? Many big household name employers missed out on employing this young person who will make a fantastic, loyal and very productive employee.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Seeing as I can apparently define my own gender label on a daily basis - what is gender?

And who is anyone to say who 'understands' it.
    Maybe the author of the riposte should have said something like "Iím not going to spend any length of time on (1); if anyone wishes to provide details as to how nearly every statement about gender in that entire document is actively incorrect, and flies directly in the face of all research done in the field for decades, they should go for it. But I am neither a biologist, a psychologist, nor a sociologist, so Iíll leave that to someone else."

Oh, wait - they did

No doubt people well versed in the relevant fields have taken up this task over the last couple of days. If you're really that concerned to understand that aspect more fully, try Googling for them

Fingers like lightning

Dark Black 's job has never been outsourced

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having just trawled through his little epic..

My main impression is... I bet he's really fun to talk to at parties.

Oh wait.. I'll bet he doesn't get invited to them
    Do what thou wilt

Nice But Dim

DaveB - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    That depends on your perspective.

I wore 14 hole Dockers with a full petticoat dress only a few weeks ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    You trendy little tinker cjk. We need to see the proof of that
    She was also seen wielding a riding crop with good effect, despite a distinct lack of horses in the vicininty
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    She was also seen wielding a riding crop with good effect, despite a distinct lack of horses in the vicininty

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Maybe the author of the riposte should have said something like "I’m not going to spend any length of time on (1); if anyone wishes to provide details as to how nearly every statement about gender in that entire document is actively incorrect, and flies directly in the face of all research done in the field for decades, they should go for it. But I am neither a biologist, a psychologist, nor a sociologist, so I’ll leave that to someone else."
    I read that as him making a definitive statement that (1) was wrong, followed immediately by an admission that he had absolutely no relevant expertise which would lend his opinion on that any weight. So he was relying solely on received wisdom.

In fact the author of the riposte came across to me as a somewhat sanctimonious and smug virtue signaller simply parroting the conventional pieties about gender diversity, and the dire penalties for challenging these.

Of course that isn't to say the author of the original piece wasn't ill advised to say the least, in trumpeting it all over Google.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

TripleIronDad

BrilloPad is always on top

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Slightly more seriously, I have a close relative who suffers Asperger Syndrome. The statistics are that more than 90% of people with this condition are unemployed. This relative got a cracking maths degree and is now a civil servant. But he got many, many knock backs from employers because he can't really do interviews at all well. As a matter of fact, the civil service recruitment now does not have interviews. He got the job. Diversity? Many big household name employers missed out on employing this young person who will make a fantastic, loyal and very productive employee.
    I have 2 children with Aspergers.

In a workplace, you have to be abe to get on with people.

I train the children to devote some brain-power to communicating with people.

Which is what I did.

Its a normal world. Whatever the hell normal is....
    I keep pushing forwards but they keep pushing me backwards. So I have new rules. 1. Don't feed the trolls you know they have no souls. 2. Don't respond to them they'll only post back back again. 3. Don't be their friend they'll only knife you in the back. I have new rules I count them.

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I read that as him making a definitive statement that (1) was wrong...
    Not sure how you came to that conclusion

...followed immediately by an admission that he had absolutely no relevant expertise which would lend his opinion on that any weight. So he was relying solely on received wisdom.
    I know it's unfashionable for somebody on the Internet to admit that others are better equipped than they to talk about a very specific subject, but I can't help but wonder if it might be a good thing.

In fact the author of the riposte came across to me as a somewhat sanctimonious and smug virtue signaller simply parroting the conventional pieties about gender diversity, and the dire penalties for challenging these.
    Ah, "virtue signalling" - in other words, characterising somebody's intention to behave in a manner they believe to be morally correct as a failing of theirs, in the same way that arguing for others who may happen to be different from oneself to be treated decently and fairly is dismissed as "political correctness"

Trotting out alt-right phraseology is not the same as arguing a point, and you should be careful not to confuse the two.

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Didn't realise NickFitz was part of the urban tree hugging lefty liberal elite...

Ah no - he does have manners and doesn't think people different to him are automatically inferior...
    "Youíre just a bad memory who doesnít know when to go away" JR

TripleIronDad

BrilloPad is always on top

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Diversity is great.

Inclusivity can be an issue. When you have to include cretins.
    I keep pushing forwards but they keep pushing me backwards. So I have new rules. 1. Don't feed the trolls you know they have no souls. 2. Don't respond to them they'll only post back back again. 3. Don't be their friend they'll only knife you in the back. I have new rules I count them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast