• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU retaliation against the UK escalates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Because throughout history, it's been demonstrated that the strategy of a country cutting their nose off to spite their face, is a well proven and effective one, isn't it.

Money makes the world go round, e.g., remember when Spain tried to introduce huge delays between on the Gibraltar border to p1ss the UK off? How long did that last?
    indeed

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/27/cram...ion-fears.html

This Brexit vote might be the single most foolish, cut off your nose to spite your face decision I have ever seen,
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Powerhouse for what?

Manufacturing? None left

Banking? Moving to Dublin

Lets face it, it’s taxis and takeaway delivery, that’s what we excel at, and that’s only because immigrants do it and they’ll be gone once we regain control of our borders and put the Great back into Britain..

Just like The Children Of Men. That’s a book BTW, ever read one?
      Wow, you sound like you really hate the UK. I'm guessing you're on the bench, or otherwise feel the country has somehow done you a perceived injustice.

FYI - Banking*, Financial Services, Service Sector, Oil & Gas, Health, High-tech Manufacturing, Insurance.

I've seen "Children of The Corn", is that the film of the book? I don't get that much time to read, I'm busy helping turn the wheels of industry (well finance).

*Not moving to Dublin, can you imagine the size of the crane they'd need to (as you put it) Move "Banking" to "Dublin"?
      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Sorry not read it, is he another "Expert"? A bit like all those those "Experts" from the Institute of Economics before the referendum that towed the official line said the UK would be plunged into recession in the event of leaving the EU?
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Wow, you sound like you really hate the UK. I'm guessing you're on the bench, or otherwise feel the country has somehow done you a perceived injustice.

FYI - Banking*, Financial Services, Service Sector, Oil & Gas, Health, High-tech Manufacturing, Insurance.

I've seen "Children of The Corn", is that the film of the book? I don't get that much time to read, I'm busy helping turn the wheels of industry (well finance).

*Not moving to Dublin, can you imagine the size of the crane they'd need to (as you put it) Move "Banking" to "Dublin"?
          Not been benched for years now pal.

I’m in banking in Dublin, counting the cranes in the IFSC building the buildings to house the Brexodus.

I don’t hate the uk, just accept it’s dying on its feet and Brexit will most likely deliver the coup de grace. That’s French.

Comment

very good, shrinking though

Deutsche Bank to move 4000 jobs to the EU

It is now clear that 10's of thousands of jobs in the City will be moving out.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Not been benched for years now pal.

I’m in banking in Dublin, counting the cranes in the IFSC building the buildings to house the Brexodus.

I don’t hate the uk, just accept it’s dying on its feet and Brexit will most likely deliver the coup de grace. That’s French.
              Yep cos the last boom in Ireland ended very well didn't it.

From the 2017 Credit-Suisse yearbook:

The country is one of the smallest Yearbook markets and, sadly, it became smaller. Too much of the boom was based on real estate, financials and leverage, and Irish stocks were decimated after 2006. Many of the larger Irish corporations moved to a
              London listing. After a burgeoning deficit, austerity measures were introduced, which lasted until 2014.

Comment

so let me understand this. The EU made a new law last year that required every airport to up their security staffing significantly , none of the Airports did so and the EU failed to act and it went live with many people waiting hours to get through security missing flights?

Good job they aren't in charge of a whelk stall then.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Why do Brexiters continue to believe they should receive the benefits of membership without paying for it? Why dammit why?!

Queues for Turkey and Tunisia start here:
                  Erm. The UK is still a member state. We aren't out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Too weak against migrants. Too strong against the UK.

There was a time when Greece imprisoned someone with in UK passport so the UK sent 6 warships to the Greek coast to let them know how the treat UK citizens.

Sadly the UK does not have 6 warships anymore. Just Admiral Bob, his rubber dingy and a rusty knife.
                    We still have Seaman Stains.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      so let me understand this. The EU made a new law last year that required every airport to up their security staffing significantly , none of the Airports did so and the EU failed to act and it went live with many people waiting hours to get through security missing flights?

Good job they aren't in charge of a whelk stall then.
                      No that can't be true, because if the EU had made a law on it, then the UK are forced to accept that law and increase the numbers of staff, but the UK have reduced the numbers of staff, so either another Leave lie has been exposed (again) or it's not an EU law, but something that a few countries did because they have sovereignty over their laws (i.e. Another Leave lie)

Which is it?
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X