• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diane Abbott is "ill"? Yeah, right.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    I appreciate it’s not the common consensus, but high water mark for the Labour and low for Conservatives?
    Yes, absolutely this.

Some commentators are making out there's been some kind of sea change like in the 90s when labour were a govt in waiting and the Tories facing years of oblivion.

Don't buy that at all.

Comment

I appreciate it’s not the common consensus, but high water mark for the Labour and low for Conservatives?
      High water mark for someone who in any sane world ought to be totally unelectable. Low watermark for the Tories who still got more votes than at any time since Thatcher's second election.

So mixed messages on all sides. I have a nasty feeling that most of Labour's so called success was down to clever use of social media attracting the uneducated young uns who only saw the headlines.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        I have a nasty feeling that most of Labour's so called success was down to clever use of social media attracting the uneducated young uns who only saw the headlines.
        Meanwhile, the uneducated Tory voters just read social media and the Sun/Mail and only saw the headlines, so continued, true to form, to vote Tory, because that's what they were told to do, and they are too stupid to look with unblinkered eyes.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Meanwhile, the uneducated Tory voters just read social media and the Sun/Mail and only saw the headlines, so continued, true to form, to vote Tory, because that's what they were told to do, and they are too stupid to look with unblinkered eyes.
          How about both 'sides' properly deal with the cost and demand for housing? That - to me - is the real problem. No idea how you unwind the demand or the price 'cleanly' though.

Comment

How about both 'sides' properly deal with the cost and demand for housing? That - to me - is the real problem. No idea how you unwind the demand or the price 'cleanly' though.
            Nah - their all right Jack.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Combination of 2 things led to this hung parliament, IMO.

Poor manifesto from Conservatives hitting their key voters in a negative sense. Little public debate or "streetwalking" by a weak voice haltering May.

Strong albeit completely unaffordable manifesto from Corbyns team. The young were motivated by untruths regarding being freed from debt, re university and tuition tuition fees, IMO.
              Lots of debate and public contact which I admit he is quite good at.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Nope they are telling us why she screwed up.

Neither she nor Labour need any sympathy as both did very well out of the GE due to the p*ss poor performances of May, Crosby and the Tories campaign team.
                Did Labour really do well? They are still 50 seats short. The vote for Corbyn was no better than the 2010 Brown campaign, which was considered a total disaster. I concur that Labour did better than they expected at the start of the campaign, but I believe (my view, don't care if anyone else agrees or not) that it was the p1ss poor Tory campaign with some of their odious manifesto policies that lost them votes, rather than Labour actually winning votes.

If that is the best Labour can do with a higher than normal turnout, a high 18-24 vote, and a high % of that age group, then that isn't so good. At the next GE, if the 18-24's don't come out in force again the Labour vote could take a real beating.

Instead of Corbyn and cronies keep crying that they want to be in power, they need to accept that they lost and they need to form a strong opposition and keep the Tories honest (well, as honest as any government ever is).
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

So mixed messages on all sides. I have a nasty feeling that most of Labour's so called success was down to clever use of social media attracting the uneducated young uns who only saw the headlines.
                  Yeah if you ignore the Tories who voted "anything but" due to May's extreme Brexit rhetoric - you'll be surprised again.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Did Labour really do well?
                    Labour have gained a five-point lead over the Conservatives following a disastrous general election night, according to the latest poll.

A Survation study puts Jeremy Corbyn's party on 45 per cent and the Tories on just 39 per cent.
                    Labour take five-point lead over Tories in latest poll 
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      They don't mention taking certain perscribed drugs or having had certain hereditary diseases make it a slam dunk.
                      So the NHS site is wrong then?

Comment

Working...
                      X