• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diane Abbott is "ill"? Yeah, right.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Her mum had type 2 and so she was at higher risk of getting it even if she did the things you are suppose to do to decrease your risk. In Diane's case she clearly hasn't.
    Having sex with Korbyn?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Three of the main risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes are:
      age – being over the age of 40 (over 25 for people of south Asian, Chinese, African-Caribbean or black African origin, even if you were born in the UK)
      genetics – having a close relative with the condition, such as a parent, brother or sister
      weight – being overweight or obese
      They don't mention taking certain perscribed drugs or having had certain hereditary diseases make it a slam dunk.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        So being overweight isn't one of the main factors? Really? Oh, it is. Plus she is in the group for the other high risk factors.

Type 2, and obesity, is putting a massive strain on the nhs and will even more in the future.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          So being overweight isn't one of the main factors? Really? Oh, it is. Plus she is in the group for the other high risk factors.

Type 2, and obesity, is putting a massive strain on the nhs and will even more in the future.
          Don't know if you have noticed she is Black so is in a high risk group.

Comment

Don't know if you have noticed she is Black so is in a high risk group.
            She ticks all three "high risk" boxes, unfortunately for her:
            Age/ethnicity, genetic and weight.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              She ticks all three "high risk" boxes, unfortunately for her:
              Age/ethnicity, genetic and weight.
              yep but according to Whorty its because she likes cake.

OK I can't stand the woman, but blaming her for getting diabetes with her risk factors is a bit much.

Comment

yep but according to Whorty its because she likes cake.

OK I can't stand the woman, but blaming her for getting diabetes with her risk factors is a bit much.
                That's not what I said ... I said, and i quote "Type 2 - The modern disease of the fat."

This is generally accepted. Being overweight, and specifically with a fat stomach, is a high risk factor. I know a lot of people with Type 2 and the common link is being fat. A couple also have the other risk factors, but they are all overweight.

Abbot already had 2 of the risk factors yet has allowed herself to become obese too. That is just asking for trouble. Not getting fat may not have stopped her from developing Type 2, but getting fat was pretty sure a fast track route to the illness given the family and her ethnic risk.

She and/or Labour are looking for sympathy due to her p1ss poor performances on the election campaign.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Having sex with Korbyn?
                  That would have helped decrease her risk as that ticks the exercise box.

If you have a higher risk due to your genetics you need to exercise regularly AND keep your weight down.

Due to the people I'm related to and the people I've met doing one without the other doesn't help.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

She and/or Labour are looking for sympathy due to her p1ss poor performances on the election campaign.
                    Nope they are telling us why she screwed up.

Neither she nor Labour need any sympathy as both did very well out of the GE due to the p*ss poor performances of May, Crosby and the Tories campaign team.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Nope they are telling us why she screwed up.

Neither she nor Labour need any sympathy as both did very well out of the GE due to the p*ss poor performances of May, Crosby and the Tories campaign team.
                      I appreciate it’s not the common consensus, but high water mark for the Labour and low for Conservatives?

Comment

Working...
                      X