• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diane Abbott is "ill"? Yeah, right.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    We are all taking the piss and she probably has cancer.
    I'm sure the Twittertrollati will be pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Glad it wasn't wasted on you.
      Oh come on. Or rather, don't.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Most politicians seem to do a disappearing act when they are diagnosed with it.
        Yes, I think you're right and the general sentiment being echoed herein is not especially pleasent.

So, c'mon people, let's all say something nice about DA and let the healing effect of those positive vibrations reach out across the ether and she'll be right as rain in no time at all.

For my tuppence ha'penny worth, I've never agreed with a word she's ever said but I've always enjoyed her as part of the double act on the sofa on the Andrew Neil show and have always looked forward to hearing her moment of the week.

Get well soon Diane.

Comment

unfortunately we are cynical Politicians tend to look for sympathy when they screw up. If she truly is ill then I am sorry. However I have disliked her intensely for years. Not as bad as Mandleslime & B'liar she was more of a joke candidate.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Starting to look that way.

Diane Abbott has a "serious long-term illness" that "she's been coming to terms with", Labour international trade spokesman Barry Gardiner has said.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Starting to look that way.
              Could be cancer, or mental health or neurological etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                unfortunately we are cynical Politicians tend to look for sympathy when they screw up. If she truly is ill then I am sorry. However I have disliked her intensely for years. Not as bad as Mandleslime & B'liar she was more of a joke candidate.
                I only mentioned it in case she does a McGuiness.

He resigned - causing lots of problems - due to ill health then dropped dead shortly afterwards.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Whatever you might say about Corbyn he's not into spin, he just says it as it is, so if he says she's ill I think she probably is.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Don't worry chaps, it's my thread so I'm the one who's going to hell. Call it "taking one for the team"

PS - I genuinely hope she is OK and its not something serious.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Diabetes Type 2, so hardly a massive issue.

Diane Abbott reveals diabetes forced her to stand down | Daily Mail Online

Diabetes forced me to stand down days before the election, reveals Diane Abbott as she says 'out of control' blood sugar was behind series of car crash interviews
                      Abbott replaced days before the election after a series of car crash interviews
                      Now said it was because she was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes two years ago
                      Abbott accused Tories of most vicious general election campaign in memory
                      Don't wish the lady ill but it does seem to be a bit of an excuse with 6% of the population suffering (Including me).
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X