• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who did BA outsource their IT to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Interestingly that was what i was alluding to in earlier posts....

Maybe i need a tin hat too!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Interestingly that was what i was alluding to in earlier posts....

Maybe i need a tin hat too!
      You need a tin hut mate.

Comment

British Airways chaos and was cost cutting to blame? | Daily Mail Online

Comment

A colleague at client site used to work for BA, so asked around. Allegedly...

TCS were told to apply some security patches - Linux and Windows. They applied them, then shutdown and attempted to restart the entire data centre. This immediately caused various components to fail. Memory chips and network cards particularly affected. Hence "power supply issue". Since TCS were given 24 hours to apply the patches and did it in ten minutes, they're due a bonus*.

* This bit I made up.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

British Airways.

Owned by a Spanish holdings company.
            All the doings done in Mumbai.

Gotta love globalisation and how that rewards us in Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Could be a false flag, like when sas says something clever.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                British Airways.

Iberia has 44% and British 56% of the shares, with is, Iberia can't decide anything alone.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  British Airways.

Didn't British Airways used to be a British company until Maggie sold it off?

...better not say that, it's actually Jeremy Corbyn and Europe's fault.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    Iberia has 44% and British 56% of the shares, with is, Iberia can't decide anything alone.
                    Iberia? Doesn't Iberia include Portugal?
                    In other words, Bee, can you tell us what you were doing that caused BA's computers to crash?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      A colleague at client site used to work for BA, so asked around. Allegedly...

TCS were told to apply some security patches - Linux and Windows. They applied them, then shutdown and attempted to restart the entire data centre. This immediately caused various components to fail. Memory chips and network cards particularly affected. Hence "power supply issue". Since TCS were given 24 hours to apply the patches and did it in ten minutes, they're due a bonus*.
                      Bloke on the telly just now said that a power surge caused the network hardware to fail, so the servers couldn't talk to each other.

I guess it never occurred to anyone to plug in a spare switch. Or buy a surge protector.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X