• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester bomber's mother reported him and police did nothing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bee...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Always the fault of someone else.

Muslims that feel marginalised have a responsibility to integrate. Muslim communities have a responsibility to integrate.
      These idiots are no more a 'Muslim' problem any more than the IRA or Kosovo was a 'Christian' problem. These idiots committing these crimes think they are doing it on behalf of their religion, but the majority in their religion do not agree with what they are doing.

The leaders of these extremist sects want 'us' to hate 'them' and create segregation - this to them is victory as they can get more followers and this means they start to get the power they crave.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I'm quite happy to accept that people believe in fairy tales.

I said that Muslim communities in this country have a responsibility to integrate. If they feel marginalized then they need to make efforts to integrate.
        But how can they integrate if you cannot have a drink with them, or go out for a meal, or ask them out on a date? That's a common problem with all "highly religious" people. They never go out with "others" for an innocent drink and banter, and they are always dead serious about everything. They get offended by the things others don't even notice.

It's hard to begin dialogue if you cannot even meet them in a pub and they expect women to shut the **** up and stay home. Western societies are open and welcoming, but you have to make an effort as a guest. And if they think they can jump over hoops and integrate within one generation, they need to be realistic. It takes time and effort.
        You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...islamic-state/

Comment

Comment

I think that MF is dangerous and I have reported him to the filth. Sadly they say that nothing can be done unless he actually does something.

It seems ridiculous to me that we cannot all just call in the police to anyone we dislike and get them arrested and beaten with hosepipes.

What is this country coming to?

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...terror-attack/

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                  But how can they integrate if you cannot have a drink with them, or go out for a meal, or ask them out on a date? That's a common problem with all "highly religious" people. They never go out with "others" for an innocent drink and banter, and they are always dead serious about everything. They get offended by the things others don't even notice.

It's hard to begin dialogue if you cannot even meet them in a pub and they expect women to shut the **** up and stay home. Western societies are open and welcoming, but you have to make an effort as a guest. And if they think they can jump over hoops and integrate within one generation, they need to be realistic. It takes time and effort.
                  You know those places called coffee shops and cafes? You can actually go to drink beverages in there and talk to people.

Oh and not all Muslim women are the same but you know that right?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post

There's bound to be a few at the EDL rallies you go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      These idiots are no more a 'Muslim' problem any more than the IRA or Kosovo was a 'Christian' problem. These idiots committing these crimes think they are doing it on behalf of their religion, but the majority in their religion do not agree with what they are doing.

The leaders of these extremist sects want 'us' to hate 'them' and create segregation - this to them is victory as they can get more followers and this means they start to get the power they crave.
                      I understand what you are saying. But if we want to stop young men (it's mostly young men) feeling marginalized and not part of society, then you need integration. You want them to feel like they can be part of the wider society, that's not going to happen if backward beliefs about women etc are reinforced by an insular community.

Comment

Working...
                      X