• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We told you so!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I fear you might be serious... The EU was established to ensure peace. Fix it by all means. But don't destroy it.

I know for most people living in Britain they are separate. The reverse is true for most people living in Europe. Must people living in Europe I'd wager support the idea of a union.
    In theory, yes. In practice, NATO did all the heavy lifting on that one.

From the original declaration of 1950:
    https://europa.eu/european-union/abo...declaration_en

By pooling basic production and by instituting a new High Authority, whose decisions will bind France, Germany and other member countries, this proposal will lead to the realization of the first concrete foundation of a European federation indispensable to the preservation of peace.
    A new High Authority? They couldn't have sounded more Orwellian if they tried. It was an accurate prediction though, because that's what we now have, and if you're too blinkered to see that, fine. A European Federation isn't for me though, and 17.4 million other British voters agree it's not for them either.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Do you get the whole %-turnout-at-referendum and %-Don't-know-at-opinion-poll thing, or do you need Sas to explain it?
      Quite. The "story" doesn't even quote the sample size or demographics of those polled. Makes a good headline, but it's just as ridiculous as my response. Our illiterate troll couldn't see that, of course, so maybe we should get Sas to explain it to him.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        In theory, yes. In practice, NATO did all the heavy lifting on that one.
        NATO stopped European countries from fighting with each other? I don't think so...
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          NATO stopped European countries from fighting with each other? I don't think so...
          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO...nd_Herzegovina

The NATO intervention in Bosnia and Herzegovina was a series of actions undertaken by NATO whose stated aim was to establish long-term peace during and after the Bosnian War.[1] NATO's intervention began as largely political and symbolic, but gradually expanded to include large-scale air operations and the deployment of approximately 60,000 soldiers under Operation Joint Endeavor.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO...nd_Herzegovina

The NATO intervention in Bosnia and Herzegovina was a series of actions undertaken by NATO whose stated aim was to establish long-term peace during and after the Bosnian War.[1] NATO's intervention began as largely political and symbolic, but gradually expanded to include large-scale air operations and the deployment of approximately 60,000 soldiers under Operation Joint Endeavor.
            Are you saying that you support an army which is based in Brussels?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

We told you so!

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Are you saying that you support NATO which is based in Brussels?
              Absolutely.
              Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 27 April 2017, 12:33.

Comment

I'm sure they will let the UK back in for exchange of our veto, UN Security Council seat, our rebate, and the pound. Surrender to your masters, resistance is fEUtile.
                Until we actually leave, A50 can just be back-tracked on and things remain as they are.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Until we actually leave, A50 can just be back-tracked on and things remain as they are.
                  No chance. If we repeal A50 we will lose lots of our existing cherries.

Comment

No chance. If we repeal A50 we will lose lots of our existing cherries.
                    yeah right...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Quite. The "story" doesn't even quote the sample size or demographics of those polled. Makes a good headline, but it's just as ridiculous as my response. Our illiterate troll couldn't see that, of course, so maybe we should get Sas to explain it to him.
                      Steady on now.

Comment

Working...
                      X