• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are IT developers the stupidest people on earth ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPG is one of the few languages created for punched card machines that are still in common use today.
    Did some RPG 20 odd years ago, still current by all accounts

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      In that case, it's better to put ARM in my CV because if I maintain the JCL the youngers don't know what it is.
      I have ARM on my c.v. I expect it's a different ARM.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        What do we want? A new anorak
        When do we want it? I will ask my accountant.
        items of clothing are a non-allowable business expense.

Comment

WTF?

Firstly what the hell is an "IT Developer"?!

Secondly Tech is stupidly big now. Developers can quickly make themselves indispensable and ask for ever increasing pay rises if they are smart enough.

Thirdly I can't find an iOS developer, want to help me find one to test your theory?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            WTF?

Firstly what the hell is an "IT Developer"?!
            A fancy name for a computer programmer.
            You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              In what way are IT developers automating their jobs? They are automating everyone else's.
              The automation needs to be developed.

Comment

You could say that at one point there will be only developer jobs .. since everything else will be automated. IT developers will be the last people working.

But then a time will come when ( in decades ) developers won't be needed themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
                  You could say that at one point there will be only developer jobs .. since everything else will be automated. IT developers will be the last people working.

But then a time will come when ( in decades ) developers won't be needed themselves.
                  You make that sound like it's a bad thing.

Comment

import softie
                    import intern
                    import manager

softie.write_software()
                    intern.what_time_do_you_call_this()
                    intern.stop_that_and_pay_attention()
                    intern.I_told-you_to_stop_that_and_pay_attention()
                    intern.oh_****it_go_sit_over_there()
                    manager.no_its_not_ready_yet()

Comment

I worked for one of the big cloud and dev ops vendors. All the flashiest sales and marketing pitches about how they could take over client workloads, and do it cheaper by using all sorts of clever automation.
                      If you saw the financial spreadsheets behind their deals you would realise this is all nonsense, all the cost savings they made were done by using cheaper staff offshore, not a single penny saved by the flashiest automation available, all the cost savings by ruthlessly getting rid of expensive Brits and replacing them with cheaper nationals either here or abroad.

Comment

Working...
                      X