• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Here we go - alt's showing a lot of transaction volume across the board.

Really good PBC video out last night... starting to believe I need to hold a lot more BTC.
    What did they say? why BTC in particular? w as it that all the volume will flow into there first, therefore crushing the ALT to BTC values for a short time before it flows back into the ALTs?
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      What did they say? why BTC in particular? w as it that all the volume will flow into there first, therefore crushing the ALT to BTC values for a short time before it flows back into the ALTs?
      I sent the video to you. Basically it all boils down to circulating supply of BTC, around 11 million. Others are lost, locked up and lost, people die as do their secret keys. Two things will happen:

1) Speculation on the approved ETF. That'll take BTC over $30k in the next couple of months is my bet.

2) When the news comes of approval we'll see a correction, wave 4.

3) ETF is used and they'll be buying BTC. Lots of it. No, even more than that. The upward pressure on BTC will be insane. People in the US will be able to add part of their 401k to BTC. The ETF needs to buy BTC to allow that. Understand what this means you'll then being to understand the expected upward pressure on BTC itself.

If you have tulip-alt that hits 100x, leave it in BTC.

Myself and others no doubt will be around to say when said tulip-coin has hit the top of wave 5. Although black swan events will come along on protocols that are actually worth something (like Neo last year), so I'm only speculating on tulip-coins.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I sent the video to you. Basically it all boils down to circulating supply of BTC, around 11 million. Others are lost, locked up and lost, people die as do their secret keys. Two things will happen:

1) Speculation on the approved ETF. That'll take BTC over $30k in the next couple of months is my bet.

3) ETF is used and they'll be buying BTC. Lots of it. No, even more than that. The upward pressure on BTC will be insane. People in the US will be able to add part of their 401k to BTC. The ETF needs to buy BTC to allow that. Understand what this means you'll then being to understand the expected upward pressure on BTC itself.

Myself and others no doubt will be around to say when said tulip-coin has hit the top of wave 5. Although black swan events will come along on protocols that are actually worth something (like Neo last year), so I'm only speculating on tulip-coins.
        Anything about ETH? I traded 50% of my ETH position for EOS, then sold more to get into DRGN so wondering whether to top up on some ETH while it's still cheap.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Anything about ETH? I traded 50% of my ETH position for EOS, then sold more to get into DRGN so wondering whether to top up on some ETH while it's still cheap.
          Boredom is your biggest threat at the minute. Ether is a good hold. EOS is good too, for example there's tools developers can use as it is programmed in C, whereas ETH tool development is still years in the making. But if you're looking at the EOS protocol then you should certainly looks at Lisk (LSK), it uses Java. And then you certainly should look at Tezos!

Trusted contracts are exciting. And the big players I've listed above. Who will win? I think ease of use from a developer point of view is a big part of it. As ETH contracts have to be checked thoroughly, which is where QSP comes in.

Speaking of trust contracts, I don't get why BOScoin is so so so under the radar at the minute. IMO it has everything to displace all of the above and still has a very small market capital + a great team.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Boredom is your biggest threat at the minute. Ether is a good hold. EOS is good too, for example there's tools developers can use as it is programmed in C, whereas ETH tool development is still years in the making. But if you're looking at the EOS protocol then you should certainly looks at Lisk (LSK), it uses Java. And then you certainly should look at Tezos!

Trusted contracts are exciting. And the big players I've listed above. Who will win? I think ease of use from a developer point of view is a big part of it. As ETH contracts have to be checked thoroughly, which is where QSP comes in.

Speaking of trust contracts, I don't get why BOScoin is so so so under the radar at the minute. IMO it has everything to displace all of the above and still has a very small market capital + a great team.
            I stuck 1 ETH into that one as well
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

This is the big difference... Last year we had futures...which are cash settled and therefore do not require the purchase of BTC...but look at the bull market produced just by the expectation of a futures market. Is it a co-incidence that the correction (I specifically did not use the word 'crash') started the same time that futures were released? I think not. people blame the ability of people to 'short' BTC from that point but if they're cash settled then would that cause the drop? Possibly but only because of the fear generated by an initial market maker or two taking profit.
              Imagine what 'should' happen when BTC actually as to be bought! I'm practically wetting my pants at the thought of it.
              You clearly don't think the ETF will be approved in the next few months, which is what I saw Teeka say on his 'crypto-conspiracy' interview recently as well. The question is, I think, how long between approval and the first ETF being available...because I think that will be the limit of the correction's timescale.
              In terms of Elliott then it will be a tough one to call. This wave 2 (and that's what I think it is even though some think it's a wave 4 already) has been long and drawn out...very deep and very, very complex in nature. The principle of alternation says the wave 4 should be therefore shallow and relatively quick. I'm not sure I have the you-know-whats to trade that with so much potentially at stake. It all depends how close to the top I manage to see the writing on the wall and get out of BTC. Back in december we started saying we're at the top at around 16k if I remember rightly...and it ran up to nearly 20k. Fib levels say the most probably place is 1.618 of last year's bull run, which would make it about 32-34k ish.
              It's not unheard of for a wave 3 in crypto to hit to 2.618...which is about $52k
              You'd normally expect a wave 4 to run between the .236 and .318 but .5 is not out of the question. The bottom shouldn't run below the previous ATH (unless we're in a largest scale leading diagonal...but really, that couldn't possibly be the case in a market like this as a diagonal usually signifies conflict between buyers and sellers in a trend change situation and there was no previous trend to compete with)

Even if my BTC quantity (from holding ALTs) pumps by 6x then, coupled with the BTC increase in price, I'll be over the moon (excuse the pun). If it goes more then god knows what I'll do.

EDIT:
              Can't believe how rambling this post is. Sounded okay as I was writing it!
              Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 26 July 2018, 10:50.
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

I still standby my belief BTC hits around $100k by the year's end.
                Last edited by scooterscot; 26 July 2018, 13:50.

Comment

This is the big difference... Last year we had futures...which are cash settled and therefore do not require the purchase of BTC...but look at the bull market produced just by the expectation of a futures market. Is it a co-incidence that the correction (I specifically did not use the word 'crash') started the same time that futures were released? I think not. people blame the ability of people to 'short' BTC from that point but if they're cash settled then would that cause the drop? Possibly but only because of the fear generated by an initial market maker or two taking profit.
                  Imagine what 'should' happen when BTC actually as to be bought! I'm practically wetting my pants at the thought of it.
                  You clearly don't think the ETF will be approved in the next few months, which is what I saw Teeka say on his 'crypto-conspiracy' interview recently as well. The question is, I think, how long between approval and the first ETF being available...because I think that will be the limit of the correction's timescale.
                  In terms of Elliott then it will be a tough one to call. This wave 2 (and that's what I think it is even though some think it's a wave 4 already) has been long and drawn out...very deep and very, very complex in nature. The principle of alternation says the wave 4 should be therefore shallow and relatively quick. I'm not sure I have the you-know-whats to trade that with so much potentially at stake. It all depends how close to the top I manage to see the writing on the wall and get out of BTC. Back in december we started saying we're at the top at around 16k if I remember rightly...and it ran up to nearly 20k. Fib levels say the most probably place is 1.618 of last year's bull run, which would make it about 32-34k ish.
                  It's not unheard of for a wave 3 in crypto to hit to 2.618...which is about $52k
                  You'd normally expect a wave 4 to run between the .236 and .318 but .5 is not out of the question. The bottom shouldn't run below the previous ATH (unless we're in a largest scale leading diagonal...but really, that couldn't possibly be the case in a market like this as a diagonal usually signifies conflict between buyers and sellers in a trend change situation and there was no previous trend to compete with)

Even if my BTC quantity (from holding ALTs) pumps by 6x then, coupled with the BTC increase in price, I'll be over the moon (excuse the pun). If it goes more then god knows what I'll do.

EDIT:
                  Can't believe how rambling this post is. Sounded okay as I was writing it!
                  I still standby my belief BTC hits around $100k by the years end.
                  So is that a buy BTC signal?

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                    So is that a buy BTC signal?
                    I bought some more crypto this week if that helps...first time since last October.
                    Don't think anyone will actually say 'buy it' if asked. None of us know what will happen...it's all probabilities really.

Comment

I bought some more crypto this week if that helps...first time since last October.
                      Don't think anyone will actually say 'buy it' if asked. None of us know what will happen...it's all probabilities really.
                      Yep, there's still plenty more gullible people out there willing to bet the farm and buy into the pyramid - for now...
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X