• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opened a paper trading account on Forex this morning...let's see if i cant get the hang of that
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Winklevoss twins' bitcoin ETF rejected for second time. Not read into the reasons why but if bitcoin ETFs are going to become a thing what do they need to do to get them accepted?

I presume the ETFs will be regulated so proof of bitcoin backing is possible and they aren't just run by shysters. i.e. a bit more accountability than what has happened with Tether tokens being backed by dollars, 1:1 tether to dollar still unconfirmed by a third party audit as far as I know.

So for now, no ETF based upsurge in the bitcoin price.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Winklevoss twins' bitcoin ETF rejected for second time. Not read into the reasons why but if bitcoin ETFs are going to become a thing what do they need to do to get them accepted?

I presume the ETFs will be regulated so proof of bitcoin backing is possible and they aren't just run by shysters. i.e. a bit more accountability than what has happened with Tether tokens being backed by dollars, 1:1 tether to dollar still unconfirmed by a third party audit as far as I know.

So for now, no ETF based upsurge in the bitcoin price.
        There's a lot about ETFs at the moment.
        Apparently 5 applications have been postponed until September...not denied but a decision postponed.
        I don't think the CBOE application is one of them though. The big difference in the CBOE app is that they have secured insurance for the crypto being held. There is a huge feeling that the CBOE ETF will be approved, the first one.
        My own thoughts are that this is correct and then the other existing applications will be held up to the 'standard' that the CBOE application sets. If they can do that then they will likely be approved.
        Custody solutions are also imminently inbound (if not already here).
        It's all lining up nicely...just the timing...when will it happen. End of August/start of September is my gut feeling but I have no data to back that feeling
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          CBOE ETF BTC holdings will be insured against theft & accidental loss i.e. exchange/wallet failure.

*if* it's accepted, CBOE and other central banks will be buying up BTC like there's no tomorrow.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I wonder how bitcoin ETFs will play out when the overall possible total BTC is less than 21 million (through losses) and how they cope with the unpredictable transfer fees when demand ramps up, as seen late last year.

It will be good to offer an investment option to those more comfortable with traditional stocks/shares than wanting to faff around with wallets and exchanges directly.

I suppose the investors will have to accept they can't all buy a whole bitcoin (the 21 million club ) and have to make do with the equivalent of dust if it does sky rocket.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              *if* it's accepted, CBOE and other central banks will be buying up BTC like there's no tomorrow.
              No they won't, they will buy up BTC in proportion to subscribers to their ETF.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                In fact they will have to. How else will they create\redeem ETF units without holding the underlying assets.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  In fact they will have to. How else will they create\redeem ETF units without holding the underlying assets.
                  I get the feeling he's being picky of the ref to central banks

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                    So they'll buy more and more expensive BTC as customers climb onboard?

If you were my employee I'd fire you!
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

NLUK...did this reaction happen close enough to my target to make it valid?

See how it bounced between the two levels i identified as important

Comment

Working...
                      X