• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    So if you have that much faith in past performance history did you "sell in May and go away"?
    I did not - However had I done that when I consulted with Scoots about it my portfolio would be quite a bit larger as i'd have bought back in at around 7.2k. His advice I think was the better play though - hold on and wait.
    Last edited by mattfx; 12 June 2018, 16:01.

Comment

My single biggest regret of last year was not holding and reacting to market price movements. Stupid.

Bottom line, if you make enough for what you need. Take it and be happy. If you don't need it, leave it. That is until the end of year for the broader market. Afterwards we find out who the long term successors are likely to be, which we've already mentioned a number of times.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        My single biggest regret of last year was not holding and reacting to market price movements. Stupid.

Bottom line, if you make enough for what you need. Take it and be happy. If you don't need it, leave it. That is until the end of year for the broader market. Afterwards we find out who the long term successors are likely to be, which we've already mentioned a number of times.
        Yep - agreed. This is why I sat back and did nothing. It's a continually evolving market; who knows it may all blow up in our face but im hoping not

Comment

Originally posted by crmh View Post
          Missed this news. Saw the pump and thought it was due to Binance listing BNB and USDT pairs for it (got an email this morning).
          Hopefully There will be a small 5% gain in volume but if it's coinbase and not just binance I might buy back in earlier
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

I'm glad things have calmed down recently so I'm not tempted to get dragged into short term trading. I'm looking at bitcoin (and any strong players that appear to have the legs to be around for years, still in the land of DYOR on that but those coins/tokens mentioned in this thread are a good start to look into) as a longer term investment, just in case the potential materialises.

I can only see the pound weakening further either through more 'printing' or rates being artificially suppressed for political reasons (and also to keep government debt more 'affordable') while inflation takes off (it already has been for years now, see house prices, the FTSE, and any other current bubble in sterling then look at them in gold ). I see bitcoin as an easier hedge against FIAT currency devaluation than gold or silver, though I'm tempted to get some physical silver to spread the risk a bit wider.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Also keep in mind that you don't pay so much attention to the $ value. As an example my EMC alt has shot up near 20% this week in Satoshi terms. (I've no idea why).
              Last edited by scooterscot; 13 June 2018, 10:00.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Hodling since September, should've sold or Tethered up in December but was a newbie.

25% in each of the following:

- ETH
                - XLM
                - ICX
                - NEO (and GAS as a dividend)

Comment

Just came across this which seems to be all of the pam beach content for free (at least the monthly updates).

Scoot, is this legit, i.e. the same as the info you get?

https://forum.cryptoeasternwizards.c...onthly-issues/

(you need to register to view the forum, but it's free)

Comment

Looks like PBC. No Palm Beach Letter (the cheaper option).

Without videos though. Just the reports. Alerts seem to be missing also. i.e. we'll be advised *when* to enter a position and with what % of our portfolio.
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 13 June 2018, 14:23.

Comment

BTC has dropped below the last threshold where I was dripping £ in so figured time to buy some more.

Used Uphold last time but now my payment is stuck at 'processing' for last 2 hours. It did say it could take up to 24 hours to complete but last time it went through pretty quickly, after my bank confirmed it was me doing the transaction. They've not been in touch yet so I wonder if this is more banking resistance with getting FIAT into crypto.

I hope those whales don't pump up the price before I can finish the purchase. Would have used the always slow SEPA transfer to save a few percent in fees if I thought it would take this long by card.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X