• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Even as someone interested in crypto, I think it's ridiculously retarded posts like this that rub people the wrong way.

"exactly like that, no question!" - who said this, you or Donald Trump?

"no doubt they'll spike, everyone can win!" - same question as above

It does smell a bit like financial advise that naive folk might listen to, given the fact all your statements are proposed as absolute truths.
    Scooty is going to drain the crypto swamp!

Comment

I like this new status I've achieved. When Scooter speaks it is so. Scripture if you like.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

"investors in 1999 who had foresight and held during the 90% dot-com crash would have turned every $1,000 worth of Amazon stock into $31,488,939 today."

One of the projects amongst ours will be that one. It might not even be available to buy yet.

Two projects that have got me quite excited at minute are not possible to buy into but are solving real hair on fire problems. Can't wait.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          "investors in 1999 who had foresight and held during the 90% dot-com crash would have turned every $1,000 worth of Amazon stock into $31,488,939 today."

One of the projects amongst ours will be that one. It might not even be available to buy yet.

Two projects that have got me quite excited at minute are not possible to buy into but are solving real hair on fire problems. Can't wait.
          Nice cherry picking there. A large majority of the most named stocks like Affinity Internet went bust so you'd have go nothing. Anyone can pick a winner out of a pile of crap wave it around whilst ignoring the majority.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            Even as someone interested in crypto, I think it's ridiculously retarded posts like this that rub people the wrong way.

"exactly like that, no question!" - who said this, you or Donald Trump?

"no doubt they'll spike, everyone can win!" - same question as above

It does smell a bit like financial advise that naive folk might listen to, given the fact all your statements are proposed as absolute truths.
            Indeed. More and more the posts are sounding like the clickbait rubbish and spam mails you get. If. It sounds too good to be true then it isn't. It's no longer a balanced discussion as Scooty appears to think it is. The more it's mentioned, the more he does it which makes it look more like trolling that useful discussion.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Right cindicator, you're on call this time... this service cost me $20k+

Question:
              The cryptocurrency Litecoin (LTC/USD) settled at 55.738 USD at 04:30 PM UTC at the Bitfinex exchange on Thursday, August 16. Will LTC/USD trade above 61 USD (+9.5%) earlier than trading below 50.442 USD (-9.5%) ? (forecast 51-100% - bull scenario. 0-49% - bear scenario)
              Indicator: 86.99%

Anything over 80% I've found they're bang on the majority of the time.

9.5%, PAH!

Currently 6 cryptos in the top 100 on coinmarketcap are trading over 30% up against USD in the last 24 hours.

NANO: 32%
              Ontology (ONT): 37%
              Pundi X (NPXS): 38%
              VeChain (VET): 39%
              Populous (PPT): 62%
              Cortex (CTXC): 96%

No idea if any of the above are anything other than tulipcoins.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Nice cherry picking there. A large majority of the most named stocks like Affinity Internet went bust so you'd have go nothing. Anyone can pick a winner out of a pile of crap wave it around whilst ignoring the majority.
                That's why I advocate small position sizes on a number of projects that meet certain criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  9.5%, PAH!

Currently 6 cryptos in the top 100 on coinmarketcap are trading over 30% up against USD in the last 24 hours.

NANO: 32%
                  Ontology (ONT): 37%
                  Pundi X (NPXS): 38%
                  VeChain (VET): 39%
                  Populous (PPT): 62%
                  Cortex (CTXC): 96%

No idea if any of the above are anything other than tulipcoins.
                  VeChain is PBC recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    That's true, but...if you invested evenly in every dot com opportunity and kept them...even with all the companies going bust it stands to reason that holding amazon alone would have made your life.
                    It's very much like that in this space isn't it.
                    No one knows which coins will last and it may not be the ones we currently think, but a small, evenly spread position will likely capture at least one that blows up like amazon did.
                    No one has said coin/token X will be here in 10 years time but we hope we're holding the ones that will be. That is the gamble part at the moment. The odds are improved by solid research (either off your own back or purchased from somewhere else) but there's always an element of luck.
                    There will be a time in the not too distant future when we have to think about whats coming and make a new 'bet' on a smaller number of options...narrowing down the field.

There's the other side of it as well for those who are interested and want to learn (like me) in that trading techniques and skills have been brought to our attention and are something that are applicable to any market, not just crypto. i truly love the act of TA. I find it fascinating and although my TA isn't always right, I don't take all my own advice. I haven't lost a trade in some time now...i havent always made as much as I could have...but I have always ended up with more than i started with. I'm a bit gutted now that I didnt exit closer to the highs but I think that's the case for nearly everyone. I made the (wrong with hindsight) decision to HODL back in January. I've chalked that one up to experience and wont be making that mistake again.
                    So...
                    If I can make a lot of money by spreading my bets (as it were) and getting 'lucky' on the one that lasts while learning skills that might one day replace my day job then I think that's a pretty big win for me.
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

More people on here understand blockchain a lot better than some ICO startups. True.
                      Lady Mone: "I never though I could go from being one of the best lingerie designers in the World, No1 woman entrepreneur to one of the biggest experts in Cryptocurrency & Blockchain"

Shortly after launching her Equi Capital ICO this year, Lady Mone proclaimed to be “one of the biggest experts in Cryptocurrency & Blockchain”, despite having first tweeted about cryptocurrency only five months earlier.

February 6, 2018: Mone & Barrowman announce Equi Capital, a venture capital ICO
                      March 1: Equi Capital launches its six-week ICO, seeking to raise $75 million
                      March 30: Having raised less than 10% of its target, Equi extends its ICO for another six weeks
                      June 30: The extended Equi ICO closes, having failed to meet its target
                      July: ICO investors are refunded
                      August: Acrimony breaks out as bounty hunters are informed they’ll be offered around $5 each for months of work – approximately 2% of the original total promised

As one of the self proclaimed "biggest experts in cryptocurrency", Mone will be dissecting and explaining the following bitcoin fragment at her next public talk.

template<typename T1>
                      inline uint256 Hash(const T1 pbegin, const T1 pend)
                      {
                      uint256 hash1;
                      SHA256((unsigned char*)&pbegin[0], (pend - pbegin) *
                      sizeof(pbegin[0]), (unsigned char*)&hash1);
                      uint256 hash2;
                      SHA256((unsigned char*)&hash1, sizeof(hash1), (unsigned
                      char*)&hash2);
                      return hash2;
                      }

Comment

Working...
                      X