• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    My HL SIPP has BTC and ETH trackers
    Although the HL SIPP seems to leading the way on this in the UK, it looks like others will accommodate if asked...

From https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/com..._into_btc_yet/

"I'm in the UK but was able to invest my pension in the Swedish Bitcoin XBT fund
    I have a Sipp with AJ Bell although I'm sure other Sipp providers would do. I'm no expert but it's only a special
    fund in that it's listed on the Swedish Stock exchange rather than the UK one and it's a type of
    fund (i forget the exact name) rather than a stock. I asked them if it was possible and they
    sent me a form to sign saying I understood the investment. Once they accepted the form I was able to invest."

Comment

very interesting... thanks!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Remember they who said we'll sack any of our employees caught trading bitcoin. How times changes, all 6 months of them.

Bitcoin pops after report Goldman Sachs will start trading products linked to crypto

Goldman Sachs is going to soon start trading products linked to bitcoin, the New York Times reported Wednesday.
        The bank will not trade bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies yet, but there is a team dedicated to entering the market.
        Bitcoin popped by about $200 a coin, according to Markets Insider data.
        Bitcoin enjoyed a little pop after news broke that Goldman Sachs was officially launching a bitcoin trading operation.

The Wall Street investment bank will soon start trading bitcoin futures with its own money for its clients, according to the New York Times. It will also trade so-called non-deliverable forwards, another type of derivative product which the bank will create.

Should the bank get approval from the necessary regulators, it will trade bitcoin, according to the report.

Bitcoin popped by close to $200 soon after the news broke. The coin, which is known for its wild price swings, was trading at $9,209 a coin at last check.

Bloomberg News reported in December that the bank was getting ready to launch a crypto desk by the end of June. Goldman would be the first major bank to launch such a trading operation.

Goldman already clears bitcoin futures for some clients, as does its archrival Morgan Stanley, while other banks like Citi and Bank of America have steered clear of the market.

Notably, Goldman brought on Justin Schmidt as vice president and head of digital asset markets in the firm's securities division. Goldman executive Rana Yared will also play a role in the creation of the desk.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
          Although the HL SIPP seems to leading the way on this in the UK, it looks like others will accommodate if asked...

From https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/com..._into_btc_yet/

"I'm in the UK but was able to invest my pension in the Swedish Bitcoin XBT fund
          I have a Sipp with AJ Bell although I'm sure other Sipp providers would do. I'm no expert but it's only a special
          fund in that it's listed on the Swedish Stock exchange rather than the UK one and it's a type of
          fund (i forget the exact name) rather than a stock. I asked them if it was possible and they
          sent me a form to sign saying I understood the investment. Once they accepted the form I was able to invest."
          If I remember with HL you have to answer a questionnaire on it being a "special" fund before they let you buy it.

Basically, I guess to make sure you're aware you might lose the lot I guess and to stop you kicking off if you do.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Which fund did you select in the end? I guess using a currency linked fund is introducing even more variables. But then if something happens to the Korna,

XBT PROVIDER AB BITCOIN TRACKER EUR (BIT-XBTE)

XBT PROVIDER AB BITCOIN TRACKER ONE (BIT-XBT)

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Which fund did you select in the end? I guess using a currency linked fund is introducing even more variables. But then if something happens to the Korna,

XBT PROVIDER AB BITCOIN TRACKER EUR (BIT-XBTE)

XBT PROVIDER AB BITCOIN TRACKER ONE (BIT-XBT)
              First one for bitcoin, then the eth one as well.

Note, you can also open an account and buy these and use as a normal deposit account (think its £12 per trade). I've got £1000 worth of the eth one (its about £50 down at the moment)

I did well at the last hardfork too. Got £1000 extra for the fork last august. Was hoping it'd be more than that but better than nothing.

Like I said, I did VERY well. Put £10K in, went up to about £20K so I took my original £10K back out. Im still well up and got about £12K left in there.

Eth one I was a bit late and about £1000 down.

With the £1000, nice little earner for my pension.
              Last edited by psychocandy; 3 May 2018, 10:38.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Got into some Raven (RVN) yesterday. Bought in at 400 sats and steadily risen to 502 right now.

I think it has some potential if it can hit a decent exchange. Anyone looking at this one?

Comment

I was talking to the lawyers last night

it seems so far the Benes ICO is still on

let's see how the subject progresses

Milan.

p.s. the other one I mentioned previously is also still on

Comment

This trial announced yesterday in Singapore (Megafash Suntec City store) might make Carney and other Fiat dudes choke on their tea ..

1. Tangem Note - a cryptocurrency 'smartbanknote' (it's actually a 'credit card sized' hardware wallet)
                    2. Users can conduct cash-like physical crypto transactions by just handing them over or receiving them
                    3. Receiving user can (optionally) instantly verify note using smartphone App/NFC
                    4. Anonymous
                    5. Instant
                    6. No fees
                    7. Tamper-proof chip technology
                    8. Uncopyable cold wallet, irretrievable private keys prohibit replication of wallet

Last edited by SunnyInHades; 4 May 2018, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                      This trial announced yesterday in Singapore (Megafash Suntec City store) might make Carney and other Fiat dudes choke on their tea ..

1. Tangem Note - a cryptocurrency 'smartbanknote' (it's actually a 'credit card sized' hardware wallet)
                      2. Users can conduct cash-like physical crypto transactions by just handing them over or receiving them
                      3. Receiving user can (optionally) instantly verify note using smartphone App/NFC
                      4. Anonymous
                      5. Instant
                      6. No fees
                      7. Tamper-proof chip technology
                      8. Uncopyable cold wallet, irretrievable private keys prohibit replication of wallet

Comment

Working...
                      X