• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never use a credit card to buy crypto. There's been a couple of cases in the UK whereby folks have had their accounts closed without warning.

Use bitstamp or bitssquare if you wish to trade with individuals.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Never use a credit card to buy crypto. There's been a couple of cases in the UK whereby folks have had their accounts closed without warning.
      So why the fook would you want to buy it anyway using bank transfer???

Comment

Use bitstamp or bitssquare if you wish to trade with individuals.
        Why? Is it against T+Cs to buy crytocurrency?

I see one of them use payr? Tried this?
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          So why the fook would you want to buy it anyway using bank transfer???
          Because I'm only transferring money to another individual. Unless there's a law against that... Give Mayhem time..
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Why? Is it against T+Cs to buy crytocurrency?

I see one of them use payr? Tried this?
            Bitcoin in the UK has a weird perception. It is the currency of criminals.

Meanwhile in Japan people are using it to buy every day stuff.

UK is behind the curve on this one big time, which is surprising for a financial capital like London. Why already is there not uni courses on blockchain?

Comment

Good grief my Ripples went up over 30% in the past 24hours. MAD

This increase is the result of two exchanges coming online in Korea coupled with the other news from Ripple suggesting they'll freeze coin distribution for 10-years.

Stellar is also going crazy.

Comment

Good grief my Ripples went up over 30% in the past 24hours. MAD

This increase is the result of two exchanges coming online in Korea coupled with the other news from Ripple suggesting they'll freeze coin distribution for 10-years.

Stellar is also going crazy.
                Shame on me for not following up on buying those two. Been busy at work and didn't have as much time to try get some. Found it a little crappy getting in on it as I need some Bitcoin to start trading so it seems, unless I use my CC which I tried

I see Ripple and Stellar going up, Litecoin dropping, wondering if I should invest now or wait a little more, from what you said this coin is for the long run rather than quick profit. I will have to check and see what I can do to get some as I left it too long. Did you manage to deposit any XLM in that wallet? I did not check it.

Comment

I was using Twocoin hoping to move up to Manycoin but due to a fracture in the breeches I've had to revert back to Onecoin
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Because I'm only transferring money to another individual. Unless there's a law against that... Give Mayhem time..
                    Money laundering
                    Terrorism financing

Probably a few others

I "was just transferring money" m' Lord

Comment

I signed up to Poloniex, Coinbase, Cryptonator and through none of these could I actually make a purchase of bitcoins and so I couldn't buy any other cryptos. It's a bloody pain trying to set this up.

On Coinbase I am apparently fully verified but when I try to but bitcoins it says:

"To complete a purchase using, you must first authorize the buy with your card issuer."
                      Last edited by ChimpMaster; 16 May 2017, 12:44.

Comment

Working...
                      X