• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I spent £30 6 months ago - so far **** all.
    You will be mining tiny fractions of a coin per day; they only payout when the amount accumulated reaches a minimum threshold, 200 000 satoshi in the case of BTC. Login and check your Payouts page.
    Last edited by pjclarke; 23 November 2017, 18:38.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Still some time to go before peak tulip:

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
        Still some time to go before peak tulip:

You clearly don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          You clearly don't get it.
          Wrong (again!) . . . . I get it, I just don't believe it.

I thought this was quite a good bit of mathematical fun:
          https://motls.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11...f-bitcoin.html

Comment

If you can get in and out of the bubble before it pops, could make retirement very comfortable.

You gotta be in it, to win it.

**Just don't risk money you can't afford to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
              Wrong (again!) . . . . I get it, I just don't believe it.

I thought this was quite a good bit of mathematical fun:
              https://motls.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11...f-bitcoin.html
              that 'maths' is inherently flawed as it starts with a rather LARGE assumption ------
              "Let me assume that the reader agrees that there is some probability of a huge, fast enough, cataclysmic collapse of the Bitcoin price"

The assumption is based on the readers 'belief' of an impending crash. The rest can be relegated to mere bulltulip, as it relies on confirmation bias already held.

Sticking some lines a graph that meet that bias is BS.

Comparing Bitcoin to what has gone previously is deluded and naive at best. It might be a bubble but to compare it with historical bubbles that share no relationship other than high growth is BS.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Anyone else seen this in their Facebook feed?

Sponsored add going to a quite informative article promoting an ICO (Lockchain) that the guy is not affiliated with but investing in... Supposed to be the blockchain AirBnB killer.

Looks OK - anyone else watching this one?
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  If you can get in and out of the bubble before it pops, could make retirement very comfortable.
                  My only plan. By end of 2018 the craze will water down. The survivors (i.e. facebook, Google, and not CompuServe (who I hear you ask?!? ) or AltaVista) - I expect Dash, ZenCoin, Stellar to easily be around by 2020 for the simple reason that those projects are making value for a market they are creating.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

*Emergency signal*

Buy ETH - someone just put down $4m buy
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Go Zen cash

Comment

Working...
                      X