• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
    I was thinking of exchanging a good chunk for USDT when it hits 10k, then hopefully BTFD.
    Brown trousers time fully engaged. Just made 2/3's of my portfolio in dollars now.

Had to update my daily withdraw limit:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Capital gains on what? There's no property here. Even still I'm not UK resident. It's a grey area, perhaps Queenie and the PM's better half can lend me some advice.
      Capital Gains on the gains you've realized after selling "whatever" for more than you bought.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Capital Gains on the gains you've realized after selling "whatever" for more than you bought.
        Also I read somewhere the German law was tax free BTC gains if you'd owned them more than a year, anything bought/sold in the 12-month is considered for income tax. Just saying, get some tax advice if you're in Germany, or elsewhere.....all this lovely pump profit might bite one in the nether regions.

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
          Also I read somewhere the German law was tax free BTC gains if you'd owned them more than a year, anything bought/sold in the 12-month is considered for income tax. Just saying, get some tax advice if you're in Germany, or elsewhere.....all this lovely pump profit might bite one in the nether regions.
          Will do, only 6 weeks ago from passing the 1-year mark.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Timing is everything.

Comment

Unless your crypto holdings are held for min 1 year (requires evidence) you pay tax.

Looks like the authorities will be coming for scooterscot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                Unless your crypto holdings are held for min 1 year (requires evidence) you pay tax.

Looks like the authorities will be coming for scooterscot.
                Is there evidence somewhere I own Crypto?

Anyway, unlike tax dodging UK, I've not got a bugbear about paying tax.
                Last edited by scooterscot; 28 November 2017, 11:09.

Comment

Is there evidence somewhere I own Crypto?
                  Blockchain innit?

Comment

Oh yeah - how could you forget me with such a catchy name: SADGIJN4234325ASDGDFS34224423FGFd

Comment

Oh yeah - how could you forget me with such a catchy name: SADGIJN4234325ASDGDFS34224423FGFd
                      NEVER post your private keys, you should know that Scoot....

Comment

Working...
                      X