• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Found out due to Black Friday that USA based www.overstock.com (Argos esque but much higher quality with decent jewellery) 'accept direct payment by Bitcoin and ship Internationally' !

    https://help.overstock.com/#!/answer/5835#1

    However created an account, tried a checkout but no Bitcoin option for me, just credit card and PayPal - boohoo.
    Chatted to customer support, not working for non US customers 'yet' even though the web site says it is - boohoo.

    I visited their site for the first time solely because they 'accepted Bitcoin' as payment - other retailers take note and watch out !

    A selection of items on the overstock web site:















    Last edited by SunnyInHades; 25 November 2017, 13:13.

    Comment


      Here is a lovely chart for ETH - a perfect time to get onboard for the risk adverse when it comes to crypto and yet still make your BTL yields / savings account earnings blush. - think you've got another week at best.





      source: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/ET...cation_publish
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

      Comment


        I was considering buying some eth, but wary of buying something when it's already started to rise. It's already at an ATH compared to USD.

        Comment


          Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          I was considering buying some eth, but wary of buying something when it's already started to rise. It's already at an ATH compared to USD.
          I told you before, ignore the $ value. Please.

          The game is coin accumulation. Bitcoin will correct and the BTC value of ETH will rise to maintain the perceived dollar value. Then you can buy many bitcoins with your inflated ETH value.

          The game is on.

          Saw my portfolio rise by almost 30% this morning. Retirement imminent.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

          Comment


            Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I told you before, ignore the $ value. Please.

            The game is coin accumulation. Bitcoin will correct and the BTC value of ETH will rise to maintain the perceived dollar value. Then you can buy many bitcoins with your inflated ETH value.

            The game is on.

            Saw my portfolio rise by almost 30% this morning. Retirement imminent.
            I understand that, however I don't think you can "ignore" tell dollar value, especially as eth is one of the few others you can trade with USD.

            Your implying that eth may see another tremendous rise vs btc like it did earlier this year, however such a rise from its current point would see its market cap soar past BTC.
            Last edited by FrontEnder; 25 November 2017, 14:39.

            Comment


              That's exactly what I'm implying. If you think the future value of BC is not going to increase, then it's time to get out. But I believe bitcoin will be worth tens of thousands this time next year.

              Even if the mark capital of ETH doubled right now it would still be 1/3 less than Bitcoin's MC.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

              Comment


                Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                That's exactly what I'm implying. If you think the future value of BC is not going to increase, then it's time to get out. But I believe bitcoin will be worth tens of thousands this time next year.

                Even if the mark capital of ETH doubled right now it would still be 1/3 less than Bitcoin's MC.
                That's not what I'm saying at all.

                ETH rose something like 300% earlier in the year. If you think that sort of rise is gonna happen, it's market cap will rise by the same amount, I don't think that's possible. OK there will be a corresponding rise in BTC market cap, but at the rate it's increasing (and I see no reason to think it will change significantly from this rate of increase), a 300% rise in ETH market cap would easily surpass BTC's MC.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                  ETH rose something like 300% earlier in the year. If you think that sort of rise is gonna happen, it's market cap will rise by the same amount, I don't think that's possible. OK there will be a corresponding rise in BTC market cap, but at the rate it's increasing (and I see no reason to think it will change significantly from this rate of increase), a 300% rise in ETH market cap would easily surpass BTC's MC.
                  Welcome to the crazy world of crypto. ETH with be worth $1500-2000 soon enough. Or I should say, have a value of..

                  The Crypto market capital is about $270b. I recalled when it was $40b and ATW it will never reach $100b. It'll cross over one trillion dollars in the next 6-12 months.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

                  Comment


                    I meant 3000%

                    Comment


                      But indeed, some of the posts early in this thread are great....


                      Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                      You asked why people on here are not buzzing about bitcoin/blockchain.

                      One reason is for many of us, this is same-old, same old. I remember Mondex a quarter of a century ago. It let you transfer money by sending digital strings. At the time there were several of these putative schemes. They all faded away. I didn't follow the story but I think - basically - the big players didn't want this kind of thing going on. The likes of Visa, Mastercard etc are quite happy flexing their big networks and business infrastructure. They offer some reassurance to users (fraud detection, charge-backs etc) and skim a dime off the top.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X