• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I wonder how is ETH short doing?
    Oi Scoots, how is it going with the Big Short?

Comment

Wow, years since I logged in here and still all you techno-geniuses haven't got crypto figured out.

Amusing.
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Future of the money - forget yer password and lose it all!

The future of money - take responsibility for your own tulip for once.
        I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

No it's not.

When you get proper money you can prove it's not proceeds of crime by showing invoices, business relationship, contract etc.

With bitcoin it's not possible since you don't know who really sold it, unless you "mined" it yourself and then sold, but how to prove money don't come from money launderers?
          Same way you do with anything else.
          The only way you have tainted Bitcoin is by actually doing something tainted.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Technical Analysis could not predict it because it deals with history where as here (and AMD) prices go up to All Time Highs.

Which was entirely predictable and has hardly even started.
            I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
              The only way you have tainted Bitcoin is by actually doing something tainted.
              Like buying for cash half price TV that has "fallen off the back of a lorry", only with Bitcoin there is public audit trail that can lead to you at any time in the future (like during background check)

Comment

Like buying for cash half price TV that has "fallen off the back of a lorry", only with Bitcoin there is public audit trail that can lead to you at any time in the future (like during background check)
                That's an example, certainly.

If you want to do something shady use a privacy coin, or some cash, wear a hat, sunglasses, that sort of thing.

Bitcoin will hang you out to dry.
                I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                  That's an example, certainly.

If you want to do something shady use a privacy coin, or some cash, wear a hat, sunglasses, that sort of thing.

Bitcoin will hang you out to dry.
                  not really.
                  Bitcoin is very public, and very secure at the same time.
                  Full visibility of every transaction is very public. Who has the private key for each wallet is very private.
                  The exposure comes when the wallet on an exchange, or other known entity, who can be subpoenaed, is transacted with.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Dogecoin soars 800pc as Reddit traders pump joke cryptocurrency - live updates

Comment

“ Bitcoin investors need to be prepared to “lose all their money,” European Central Bank governing council member Gabriel Makhlouf said, the latest warning from a central banker on the cryptocurrency.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...premium-europe

Crackdown on tulipcoins is near

Comment

Working...
                      X