• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blocking A50 over eu nationals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Too sensible for this lot. If this had been suggested I'm sure the commons would have accepted it. As it is it will just be kicked out.

Of course the EU won't enter into discussions until A50 is notified which is why we shouldn't offer anything without reciprocation.

The Remnant dunderheads think they are morally superior though and put themselves at risk. Darmy and Scoots could be kicked out of the Motherland and we would have no come back. Lose, lose.
    So, the usual GB9 response - not my fault, blame people who voted to remain.
    One day you will realise you can't blame everyone else for your decisions.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      It comes back to using millions of people as hostages. Which is the kind of ugly politics that seems okay to Brexiters, but should be deplorable to everyone else in the modern world. This is why the Lords amended the bill, and Harriet Harman (urgh) tried to amend the bill.

Has anyone considered what happens if EU nationals don't get to stay? Are we really going to hire hundreds of thousands of more police to tackle the task of hunting them all down and forcibly deporting them? And what happens to businesses, or property, or children, or whatever else they leave behind? Of all the dumb parts of Brexit to actually go through with that would be crazy.
      The europeans cannot ever be kicked out of the UK. It cannot practically happen. But the threat of it has political value - you are being manipulated just like you were pre-Brexit!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        What about the rights of Brits living abroad? This is exactly what the Lords are considering when discussing the rights of EU citizens living in the UK.

Something the Brexit ilk should have considered before voting.
        They are giving no thought to the rights of people such as yourselves. They are saying that all EU nationals can stay regardless.

If the Germans then turn around and say 'all British out', there will be nothing get we can do about that.

Do you feel more comfortable now you are grasping the situation?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          So, the usual GB9 response - not my fault, blame people who voted to remain.
          One day you will realise you can't blame everyone else for your decisions.
          I'm not blaming anyone except the Remnants. I'll be here. EU nationals will be here. The British expats like Scoots and Darmy will be at the mercy of the Germans and the Lords has voted to leave then to it.

I lose nothing but nearly 1m uk atonal might. Abandoned by the morally arrogant Remnants.

Comment

I'm not blaming anyone except the Remnants. I'll be here. EU nationals will be here. The British expats like Scoots and Darmy will be at the mercy of the Germans and the Lords has voted to leave then to it.

I lose nothing but nearly 1m uk atonal might. Abandoned by the morally arrogant Remnants.

And what exactly have those who voted to remain done wrong, that you hold them responsible for this time?
            You refer to them a "morally arrogant", etc, but don't even know who you are talking about!

If the lower house disagrees with you, they must be supporting remain.
            If the upper house disagrees with you, they must be supporting remain.

In other words, you thought Brexit would mean British sovereign parliament making all the decisions you like and nothing else. When you find that the British sovereign parliament doesn't dance to your tune, suddenly they are lumped in with everyone who voted remain.

While you insist on name-calling, passing the blame and avoiding reality, it really shows why negotiations are going to be difficult if the Brexit discussions consist of your type of argument.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

So those of us that wanted to keep both the rights of EU citizens to stay in the UK, and UK citizens to stay in the EU will be to blame if either of those don't come to pass, but those of you that voted to remove the rights of EU citizens to stay in the UK and UK citizens to stay in the EU are blameless?

Have you thought about writing a book on your new form of logic?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

... morally arrogant Remnants.
                I'm glad you realise that our arrogance has a sound moral basis.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No we won't. There were British people working here before free movement and as those that are here are respected as a vital part of the German workforce, then they'll stay. Mind you, every Brit that I know here has applied for German citizenship and as they are all people who the UK would like to work in the UK, then that's a loss to the UK
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    No we won't. There were British people working here before free movement and as those that are here are respected as a vital part of the German workforce, then they'll stay. Mind you, every Brit that I know here has applied for German citizenship and as they are all people who the UK would like to work in the UK, then that's a loss to the UK
                    You and Scooter aren't a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      And what exactly have those who voted to remain done wrong, that you hold them responsible for this time?
                      You refer to them a "morally arrogant", etc, but don't even know who you are talking about!

If the lower house disagrees with you, they must be supporting remain.
                      If the upper house disagrees with you, they must be supporting remain.

In other words, you thought Brexit would mean British sovereign parliament making all the decisions you like and nothing else. When you find that the British sovereign parliament doesn't dance to your tune, suddenly they are lumped in with everyone who voted remain.

While you insist on name-calling, passing the blame and avoiding reality, it really shows why negotiations are going to be difficult if the Brexit discussions consist of your type of argument.
                      In this instance it is members of the house of Lords that have put the rights of EU nationals above those of UK nationals.

They see themselves as being morally superior regardless of the consequences on UK nationals.

Your definition of negotiation is to bend over and do exactly what the EU says. You need to move away from your position that the EU is correct. It isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X