• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Developer Timekeeping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    So I am working on a project in a PM capacity with couple of devs and testers, standard setup.
    However one of the contractor developers doesn't rock up until after 10.00am each morning which means any team huddles, meets cannot happen until he rocks up.

So I am going to suggest to the permie manger who oversees him that he is asked to come in for 9.00 (9.30am latest) so as the project day can start then. Fair enough request me thinks ?
    Team huddles? Is this for real?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Sorry but expecting someone to be in the office prior to 10.00am is not micro-managing (and still not a big ask imho) !! How can it be ?!!
      You and Eek have jumped to conclusions here which are simply not true.
      You sound like you expect things to suit your working hours. Why not have an end of day CUDDLE and make everyone stay until 6.30. See how well that goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicoLondon View Post
        Do something wonderful, people may imitate it

Albert Schweitzer
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

10 - 4 core is pretty standard tbh.

Why does your meeting need to be so early?

Seems like an easy way to get someone's back up.

(I'm assuming he is performing and doing his expected total hours of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Team huddles? Is this for real?
            I ask all the sexy ladies for team huddles and they report me to HR!

B1tches the lot of em.

Comment

I've been micro-managed in the past by PMs who think that an estimate is a statement of fact, and this sort of attitude from a PM would not recieve a positive response from me.

Comment

Ah, another PM who thinks its his job to manage the person rather than the project. Standard.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  This was my POV entirely.

In my situation the client pretty much stated that was the reason.
                  In addition, not being on the daily defect call with up to 40 others including MDs did not help her cause.
                  Do you really think a conf call with 40 people actually achieves anything?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Do you really think a conf call with 40 people actually achieves anything?
                    yes if its brief & targeted.

Fastest way to announce deadlines etc. You can keep working on less demanding tasks while on the call.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      yes if its brief & targeted.

Fastest way to announce deadlines etc. You can keep working on less demanding tasks while on the call.
                      Send an email, subject deadlines.

Comment

Working...
                      X