• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quebec mosque attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odd names for such a cause
    Not an Ahmadiyya mosque is it? Geuss we'll wait and see. All this speculation is pretty pointless.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Delusional hippy twaddle. Good pap for the uncritical masses though - they'll like it.
      Yeah, that sort of tree-hugging bulltulip will get you shot!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

One of those arrested is apparently a witness.

One French Canadian name, one Arabic.

No confirmation of which is which.
        Last edited by DaveB; 30 January 2017, 20:06.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

One suspect in custody. French Canadian national.

Mosque has apparently been the subject of harassment, racial attacks and hate mail.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Mosque has apparently been the subject of harassment, racial attacks and hate mail.
            That makes a lot more sense.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Will this happen in the UK soon? I saw some of the harassment actions and they're exactly the same as those carried out by Britain First, EDL and other right wing groups
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Will this happen in the UK soon? I saw some of the harassment actions and they're exactly the same as those carried out by Britain First, EDL and other right wing groups
                Thankfully Guns are a lot less available in the UK. Its a Bomb or knives over here luckily.

Does seem to be common in Germany, maybe after the unrest over there will mean we see a few more ISIS attacks before the population get uppity?

Terrorism in Germany: Past terror attacks and plots | World | News | Daily Express

Our gunmen tend to be violent criminals and either shoot rivals or the Police rather than religious or racist nutters.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Encountered a sizable number of French Canadians whilst on holiday in St Lucia last year.

Strange bunch it has to be said. "The Hills have eyes" meets "Deliverance".

Would not put anything past them. Idyllic holiday island yet they all moped around with long faces looking like they had been kidnapped.

Yeesh!!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Let us assume for now that the perpetrators were not emboldened by the orange pussy grabbing torture gibbon.
                    His Facebook page (archived here) shows "likes" for Donald J. Trump and Marine Le Pen, so I think we're good to go with the assumptions now

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      odd names for such a cause

Suspect in Quebec mosque terror attack was of Moroccan origin, report shows | Fox News

Quebec mosque shooting: Two suspects in attack identified in reports | Montreal Gazette

Strange none of the reports mention their motivation as this. Or maybe you are just guessing.

Now don't get me wrong this situation is completely terrible. However you just happen to be posting bollox!
                      Oh no! Who'd have thought Fox News might get things completely wrong by blaming the Muslim community for an act that turns out to have been committed by a white nationalist? I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!

Suspect in Quebec Mosque Attack Quickly Depicted as a Moroccan Muslim. He’s a White Nationalist.

Comment

Working...
                      X