• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky poll demonstrates support for leaving the single market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    no as per link.

However as I pointed out all populations that pollsters have access to have bias.

The trick as per the link is to pick a representative sample from the population you have. If you have a bigger population then it is easier to pick a representative sample. Something like Sky TV is neither class based or Education limited so apart from innate prejudice why would you believe it doesn't hold a decent sample?
    You've made some fair points there unlike GB9.

My point being that picking just SKY customers will invariably introduce bias.

E.g. Look at this:

http://www.barb.co.uk/download/?file...rch-2016-1.pdf

Cable customers are biased towards the older (maybe wealthier?) generations - 18-34 year olds for example are less likely to have cable, so would be excluded from polling. Students are unlikely to be SKY cable customers.

Virgin customers may have a different demographic from Sky, you'd exclude them too.

Many (poorer?) people just have FreeView, you'd exclude them.

According to that report more and more tech savvy people are accessing TV srevices via the internet, you'd be exclduing them

And so on.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Lets face it the split is more or less 50/50. The fact is though the UK will get a really sh*te deal if they leave.

EU to impose tariffs

bye bye banking sector and bye bye EU exported cars.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 January 2017, 11:09.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

...and not only are they going to get a sh*te deal from the EU, they're going to get a sh*te deal from the Commonwealth as well.

UK post-Brexit trade deal with India threatened by Theresa May's visa crackdown | The Independent

What the government can do is turn the UK into a huge Old Folks home.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          ...and not only are they going to get a sh*te deal from the EU, they're going to get a sh*te deal from the Commonwealth as well.

UK post-Brexit trade deal with India threatened by Theresa May's visa crackdown | The Independent

I find the Trade with the Commonwealth story to be the most audacious of the Brexit camps future solutions.

The CommonWealth, those countries, for fairly good reason, most of them currently have a sense that Britain actually owes them something and not the other way around, as compensation for previous, how shall we say it, policies.

Talk to our Indian cousins, they have long memories and clearly remember how the East India Company etc plundered (for want of a better word) their silver and resources.

Africa/West Indies - slave trade

etc etc

Let's not forget the commonwealth countries made Britain rich and not the other way around

So Brexiters, let's not lull ourselves into a false sense of security with dreams that the former commonwealth countries are going to embrace us with open arms and let us get rich at their expense a second time

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

When I was in India I engaged people in conversation about Brexit and they were just bemused.
            In terms of geopolitical-economic significance, they don't see the UK as a big player at all, most educated Indians look to the US for inspiration.
            Even their best universities, the IITs, are consciously modelled on MIT.
            Which is a sad indictment of the former colonial power, I felt.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

So, the referendum result was 52% in favour. The Sky result was 51% in favour, and because of the 1% discrepancy we have some on here saying Sky is Pro-EU. This is the same Sky whose owner says he hates the EU.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                When I was in India I engaged people in conversation about Brexit and they were just bemused.
                In terms of geopolitical-economic significance, they don't see the UK as a big player at all, most educated Indians look to the US for inspiration.
                Even their best universities, the IITs, are consciously modelled on MIT.
                Which is a sad indictment of the former colonial power, I felt.
                Interestingly enough many people I speak to see India as a corrupt backwater country with some areas still firmly routed in the 15th century.

There is obviously a more modern outlook in some areas but the value of that is reduced by dodgy education practices, corruption and bribery.

So in reality we probably do not give a fook what India thinks of us.

Comment

Getting back to the crux of the matter, it doesn't really matter what people think, we're getting hard Brexit (aka out of the SM and probably Customs Union) whether we like it or not

Even the CUK village idiot who started this thread once said he was in favour of "Medium Brexit", whatever the fook that is
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

So in reality we probably do not give a fook what India thinks of us.
                    I think wrong, Mayhem does: UK post-Brexit trade deal with India threatened by Theresa May's visa crackdown | The Independent. She wants more trade but less Indians, basically the same as she wants for the EU...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Getting back to the crux of the matter, it doesn't really matter what people think, we're getting hard Brexit (aka out of the SM and probably Customs Union) whether we like it or not

Even the CUK village idiot who started this thread once said he was in favour of "Medium Brexit", whatever the fook that is

rotflmfao

please, I am trying to do some work

nearly fell off my chair

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X