• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome to "Negotiating capital"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I would have stopped visa free entry for Romanian and Bulgarian nationals already. Quite why these countries were allowed into the EU is beyond me, and I have been there recently.
    Those rushing in now to claim they were here before the cut off date should be stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      Personally I would have stopped visa free entry for Romanian and Bulgarian nationals already. Quite why these countries were allowed into the EU is beyond me, and I have been there recently.
      Those rushing in now to claim they were here before the cut off date should be stopped.
      Didn't they say they only expected 50k a year or something to come when they opened the doors. On what planet do they live on when they make these numbers up.

Ah.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/287

Only got it wrong by a factor of 8 it appears and that was in 2013
      Last edited by northernladuk; 9 January 2017, 18:33.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Didn't they say they only expected 200k or something to come when they opened the doors. On what planet do they live on when they make these numbers up.

Ah.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/287

Only got it wrong by a factor of 8 it appears.
        who would of thunk it about the same as they got it wrong by with the Polish.

Oh maybe someone wanted cheap labour??
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          You can't do it, they are EU countries.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            who would of thunk it about the same as they got it wrong by with the Polish.

Oh maybe someone wanted cheap labour??
            Exactly. That's what's so incredible. They had a the figures of how far wrong they got it last time!!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              UK can guarantee easily on its own sovereign territory that any EU citizen who was here for X years before referendum to be entitled to UK permanent residence if they wish so.

What UK can't do is start negotiations with other EU nations about similar guarantees, that can only happen after Article 50 - a gesture of good will would have gone a long way to have smooth negotiations.
              Like feck it would. Don't you remember, the EU wants to punish us.

If they want to stick rigidly to the rules then that's what will happen. I have said before and will say again, the EU Commission doesn't care about its people. It cares about itself. The Governments will care about their people which is why the EU Commission is doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Surely there would be Human Rights Legislation to protect us against such an eventuality?
                Nope, you're ****ed as Theresa Mayhem wants to get rid of all that
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Nope, you're ****ed as Theresa Mayhem wants to get rid of all that
                  I think he's aware of that......

Comment

Working...
                  X