• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you like conspiracy theories?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Govts are too incompetent to run clever conspiracies, the best they can do is run a lot of coverups of their incompetence...
    The Official Secrets Act is to protect Officials, not Secrets.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Wag the dog.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Wag the dog.
        That is a brilliant film.

Is that why so many famous people died this year? Did they know stuff about Brexit and US elections?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Govts are too incompetent to run clever conspiracies, the best they can do is run a lot of coverups of their incompetence, that makes it look like they engage in a super clever conspiracy
          It's all a clever conspiracy to make you think they are incompetent so you don't suspect them of the diabolically clever things they are really up to.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            That is a brilliant film.

Is that why so many famous people died this year? Did they know stuff about Brexit and US elections?
            I first watched it because Knopfler did the sound track.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              I'm not sure it's a conspiracy theory as such, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out Dr Kelly was killed by someone related to the government. Not saying that it was "Sanctioned at the highest levels" or whatever, but I can't help but feel that one might well come out in the wash in a few decades.

Most reasonable accusations levied at the CIA are probably true, given their past record (Operation Northwoods, for example) and the likes of their "Special Activities Division". At this point they're basically comic book bad guys, even if their overall end goals might be 'good'.

I do sincerely believe that a number of high profile paedophiles / child rapists are being outright protected within our government, though.
              Most of that makes sense IMHO.

There was also Gerrymandering by The Tories - selling council houses. By Labour importing voters.

Neither were good but the effect of importing Labour is the worst.

As the details about Civil defence become clearer the plans for prolonging the Human race after a Nuclear attack seem a little icky.

Plenty of incompetence being covered up. But apparently an awful lot of Bribery too.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sonetime in the early 2000's I was surfing around the net and saw this page about 'Ark II' - patchy memory of it now but it was something like this plane took photos of this new Ark being built in the desert somewhere and I think the plane was shot down or something but someone 'found' (yeah, I know) the film roll and developed it and its loads of pics of this super modern shiny Ark thing on a ramp to either launch it or float it.

It's totally disappeared now (the site), this is a clue but it does look like a load of garbage!

View topic - ARK II

Comment

Some say there's a conspiracy to replace all the Mods on CUK with idiots....

Comment

Enough of them here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-imminent.html
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                      Some say there's a conspiracy to replace all the Mods on CUK with idiots....
                      Watch out Admin, Cojak & WTFH!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X