• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you eat ice cream?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    QED. You think it out of order (as do I but that's not the point), others don't. It's not offensive, homophobic or anything else, just marginally bad taste. There's a world of difference. Offensive, AFAIC, is anything about gross differences such as impairment. But it still says a lot more about the person making the "joke" than anything else. Ignore the morons - especially those telling us to be offended - and move on.

Is that the same 52% that don't understand metaphors I wonder...
    Hammond should and does know better, so why do you think he made his comments?

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
      Because he's an ignorant w***er, and wants to increase publicity for their the show which is already the most pirated Amazon one ever?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You are missing the fookin point - it was a non comment.

The only people who are getting upset about it are people who have fook all better to do with their lives.

Is it the fact that you like ice cream and are not gay which is upsetting you?

Is it the fact you are gay and do not like ice cream?

Or is it simply the fact that someone said the word 'gay' in a context which you have been told should be offensive and so now you feel you have been 'offended' and someone should do something to make you feel better?

Comment

The kidz today use the word "gay" to mean simply effete or refined, and no doubt that's what Hammond meant.

Anyway, while we've been arguing, has anyone noticed that the "yes and I'm gay" option has two votes?!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            The kidz today use the word "gay" to mean simply effete or refined, and no doubt that's what Hammond meant.

Anyway, while we've been arguing, has anyone noticed that the "yes and I'm gay" option has two votes?!
            And based on our small sample, there are no gay people who don't eat ice cream.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              which, taking Hammond's point literally, rather proves he's right!

(To my knowledge he never said _only_ gay people ate ice cream.)
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

If you are not offended then you are self hating

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  And on CUK we never extrapolate...

Comment

Do you eat ice cream?

I'm starting to wonder about BrilloPad's obsession with extrapolation. A quick bit of statistical analysis reveals that 50% of his posts are about it.

(Based on this thread)
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      My favourite is rum and raisin ice cream, but nowhere in the UK ever seems to sell it.
                      You should try mango ice cream with medronho's licor, it's a kind of brandy.

I don't know how to say Medronho in English so I inserted the picture here.

Comment

Working...
                      X