• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them to live next door to remainers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    I didn't say that the Western alies (UK included) had much of a choice back then. But they do had a choice to make things right, after the USSR collapse and the initial one was good - to try and re-integrate Easter Europe by gradually welcoming the countries in the EU. Lately the UK had another choice and it decided to bail out voting for brexit.
    well the EU dealt really well with the Ukraine.

Brexit was about our future not the EUs. The EU could have compromised, the new countries could have supported our bid to change the EU so it didn't represent the EUSSR - you didn't.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      well the EU dealt really well with the Ukraine.

Brexit was about our future not the EUs. The EU could have compromised, the new countries could have supported our bid to change the EU so it didn't represent the EUSSR - you didn't.
      At the cost of ******* up the lives of millions of people (Brits living in the EU and the EU nationals living in the UK). Is that price worth paying?
      Last edited by squarepeg; 14 December 2016, 21:24.
      You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Brexit was about our future not the EUs.
        I do try hard to understand this. if I thought Brexit was good for the country I would have voted for it too.
        But analysing the numbers it's clear that the UK Economy is weak and relies on the EU for much of its raison d'etre as far as the wider business community is concerned.
        I could be wrong, but anyway it won't affect me much.
        I feel sorry for the stupid people who were manipulated.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

well the EU NATO dealt really well with the Ukraine.
          FTFY.

The EU could have compromised, the new countries could have supported our bid to change the EU so it didn't represent the EUSSR
          That's because the only people who think that the EU resembles the EUSSR are a small minority of Brexiters. I work with Czechs, Hungarians and Poles. They still hold a deep hatred for Russia and all it does and has represented. If you were to suggest the EU is the USSR reborn to them, you'd be taking your teeth home in your hat. (This is the same hat you're talking through when you spout such ill-informed nonsense ).
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
            At the cost of ******* up the lives of millions of people (Brits living in the EU and the EU nationals living in the UK). Is that price worth paying?
            To little Englanders like him - Yes.

The people on zero hours contracts etc in poorer parts of the country were voting for something different e.g. not to be left behind. Unfortunately they didn't realise the sports facilities etc they have planned won't be paid for by the UK government who doesn't give a tulip about them.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              FTFY.

That's because the only people who think that the EU resembles the EUSSR are a small minority of Brexiters. I work with Czechs, Hungarians and Poles. They still hold a deep hatred for Russia and all it does and has represented. If you were to suggest the EU is the USSR reborn to them, you'd be taking your teeth home in your hat. (This is the same hat you're talking through when you spout such ill-informed nonsense ).
              so lets sort this, is the EU responsible for peace in Europe as claimed by EUphiles regularly and as was confidently put forward as a major reason for staying , it being in its original charter. Or does it have f all to do with it and was it another Remainer lie?

The fact that your colleagues are a bunch of thugs with a hair trigger makes sense to me. The intention of the EU is to create an EU federal state ruling its member states with its own centralised Army & Political wing. This is to be achieved by a series of treaties & coercion, Not sure what other organisation it is similar to, maybe you can explain?
              Last edited by vetran; 15 December 2016, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                To little Englanders like him - Yes.

The people on zero hours contracts etc in poorer parts of the country were voting for something different e.g. not to be left behind. Unfortunately they didn't realise the sports facilities etc they have planned won't be paid for by the UK government who doesn't give a tulip about them.

You might want to look up 'Little Englander' it doesn't mean what you think it does.

Zero hour contracts have been around for decades the EU has done nothing to stop them, big multinationals like them. The EU won't fight it because it pushes up employment, the elephant in the room is that sooner or later all these jobs will be mechanised and we will have a low skilled workforce with nothing to do.

Now an over supply of cheap and effectively subsidised labour has encouraged this abuse in the UK imagine what it will be like when the robots, drones etc take off.

The UK government cares about its electorate far more than the EU does about its victims

https://euobserver.com/justice/122955

Corrupt European countries costing EU nearly £800bn a year, says study | The Independent

Britain is the sixth least corrupt country in Europe, behind Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Sweden, Finland and Denmark, it says.
                Hmm so glad we are a part of it?

Comment

Well, whatever.

I think we may be about to find out if the EU was good for the common man or not.
                  That's why I want a hard Brexit, it's the best way to settle this once and for all
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    OK I concede you beat me

some tulip about how Sas's hubby has taken them on holiday to Portugal so they will miss brexit
                    FTFY

Comment

wibble
                      I love the way Brexiters, without fail, go off on a tangent when possibly inconvenient truths and reality intrude on their fantasy.
                      There's something about the education system in this country that encourages infantilism.

So what do you think vetran, will a hard Brexit benefit the common man?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X