• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send them to live next door to remainers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    We don't need a larger population, we haven't invested in services, to be an economic benefit you need to be in the fourth quintile not barely paying tax.

Are you a contributor to, or a burden on, the nation's finances? - 'Squeezed middle' increasingly dependent on the state | This is Money

On that basis the country would be in a much better state if we got rid of 80% of the population. Except then the 20% might suddenly find out how much their income depended on everyone else.

Brexit will happen. Immigration will continue. People will complain about it for the same reasons. In a way it's a shame that all the energy, effort, focus and money that's gone into Brexit hadn't been targeted at something that might actually solve some of the problems. Not that I'd claim to know what that is.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      On that basis the country would be in a much better state if we got rid of 80% of the population. Except then the 20% might suddenly find out how much their income depended on everyone else.

Brexit will happen. Immigration will continue. People will complain about it for the same reasons. In a way it's a shame that all the energy, effort, focus and money that's gone into Brexit hadn't been targeted at something that might actually solve some of the problems. Not that I'd claim to know what that is.
      House building and social care? People will still complain but least they will have somewhere to live and old/ill people will be taken care off.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

wow miss the point completely. You take a financial based comment and try to turn it into some sort of racist absurdity, well done.

The point I was making is that workers have to earn £40k to be financial contributors, importing millions of cheap workers is effectively going to dilute that to the point the minority subsidising the rest no longer can.
        Now we need care assistants & traffic wardens but if we have too many on low wages services will not be funded.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

wow miss the point completely. You take a financial based comment and try to turn it into some sort of racist absurdity, well done.
          Nowhere did I mention anything to do with race or racism.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Nowhere did I mention anything to do with race or racism.
            Remember your interlocutor is a complete bone-head.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

so you break bread with someone and that is it you have to agree with them? Lets get ISIS round for toast!

he was told to his face few would come, looking at the poverty he believed many would. He was polite to individuals yet he doubted the country.

Romanian and Bulgarian workers top 200,000 for first time, say official figures - Telegraph

who has history proven right?
              I hope you realise that the majority of the "newcomers" from Romania and Bulgaria after January 2014, when the final restriction on working in UK was lifted, have been in the UK for a while, either working illegally or not working at all. The only thing that changed is that they entered the official statistics in 2014 and started paying taxes...

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                I hope you realise that the majority of the "newcomers" from Romania and Bulgaria after January 2014, when the final restriction on working in UK was lifted, have been in the UK for a while, either working illegally or not working at all. The only thing that changed is that they entered the official statistics in 2014 and started paying taxes...
                I would never suggest someone from that group might be involved in crime last time I repeated a statement from the Police like that I got an Infraction.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Whether high crime is a reality or not, that Guardian article does say they have significant problem with health, education and joblessness. So probably not an asset in general TBH. Plus blaming the axing of the government's axing of the migration impacts fund.

Why on Earth should we have to fund such things? We do not have a duty to foreign nationals. We don't expect other countries to take our low performers. No migrant who is not a significant asset should be here.
                  UK have moral duty, as the state of East Europe a direct result of Western allies handing it over to Stalin at the end of WWII in bulk, regardless of alliances and allegiances prior to the war. You reap what you sow.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    UK have moral duty, as the state of East Europe a direct result of Western allies handing it over to Stalin at the end of WWII in bulk, regardless of alliances and allegiances prior to the war. You reap what you sow.
                    well lets pauper Germany, Russia , Italy , Belgium, Spain & France they have invaded most of the world at some time.

At the end of WWII we were on our knees we made the best deal we could, Russia could have wandered across Europe & taken the lot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unthinkable

Allied army positions in central Europe on 10 May 1945. The Soviet numerical superiority in relation to the Western Allies was roughly 4:1 in men and 2:1 in tanks at the end of hostilities in Europe.[1]

Comment

well lets pauper Germany, Russia , Italy , Belgium, Spain & France they have invaded most of the world at some time.

At the end of WWII we were on our knees we made the best deal we could, Russia could have wandered across Europe & taken the lot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unthinkable

I didn't say that the Western alies (UK included) had much of a choice back then. But they do had a choice to make things right, after the USSR collapse and the initial one was good - to try and re-integrate Easter Europe by gradually welcoming the countries in the EU. Lately the UK had another choice and it decided to bail out voting for brexit.

Comment

Working...
                      X