• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eric Bristow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Because it's STILL a massive deal to do so - you're inevitably dredging stuff up from decades ago which you've spent your adult life trying not to think about. Many people actually repress these things to the point they barely remember them.
    Bringing that up and risking your name and most intimate painful memories being splashed around the media is a hard thing to do especially if you have no proof... to be the first one to come forward is very risky.
    Which is a fair point as is Bristows point
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Because it's STILL a massive deal to do so - you're inevitably dredging stuff up from decades ago which you've spent your adult life trying not to think about. Many people actually repress these things to the point they barely remember them.
      Bringing that up and risking your name and most intimate painful memories being splashed around the media is a hard thing to do especially if you have no proof... to be the first one to come forward is very risky.
      Which is basically what happened with Saville, the power he had, they had to wait until he was dead before getting the courage to speak out. Going back as an adult and battering a national treasure? (which is what JS was regarded as if a little odd at the time)

Easy to sit and type on a interweb message board but unless you have been a victim, I can't even begin to comprehend what they have all been through.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
        He's "sorry he offended people". The sort of half-arsed apology that usually follows things like this.

It doesn't matter that he offended people - who gives a tulip about that. People have the right to offend and be ignored. I wasn't offended by what he said, I wasn't particularly shocked at all to hear it from somebody like him. Its the fact that his attitude and others that have this attitude actually cause genuine harm.
        How righteous you are.

If you walk into a working class cockney pub taking people to task over using the words poof and whimp what do you think would happen to you? At least Bristow had the temerity to apologise for use of words that would have come immediately to his mind when expressing how he felt. I would not have used those words and nor probably would you because we have grown up within a cultural environment that is not so working class.
        His attitude was to seek retribution himself rather than be a "whimp". His use of the word "poof" was unfortunate but it doesn't make him a homophobe - I use the word myself when taking the piss out of friends but I am careful not to use it in the presence of someone who is gay or who might be genuinely offended and hurt by it.
        What is really annoying is sanctimoniuos pricks like you that try to impose your own cultural standards on other people
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          How righteous you are.

If you walk into a working class cockney pub taking people to task over using the words poof and whimp what do you think would happen to you? At least Bristow had the temerity to apologise for use of words that would have come immediately to his mind when expressing how he felt. I would not have used those words and nor probably would you because we have grown up within a cultural environment that is not so working class.
          His attitude was to seek retribution himself rather than be a "whimp". His use of the word "poof" was unfortunate but it doesn't make him a homophobe - I use the word myself when taking the piss out of friends but I am careful not to use it in the presence of someone who is gay or who might be genuinely offended and hurt by it.
          What is really annoying is sanctimoniuos pricks like you that try to impose your own cultural standards on other people
          Go troll someone else you loathsome cretin

Comment

How righteous you are.

If you walk into a working class cockney pub taking people to task over using the words poof and whimp what do you think would happen to you?
            He says from a wine bar.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

His use of the word "poof" was unfortunate but it doesn't make him a homophobe - I use the word myself when taking the piss out of friends but I am careful not to use it in the presence of someone who is gay or who might be genuinely offended and hurt by it.
              All normal people will be genuinely offended.

This is not the 1970s. We have moved on - try to get with the times Grandad.

You should apologize, learn and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                All normal people will be genuinely offended.

This is not the 1970s. We have moved on - try to get with the times Grandad.

You should apologize, learn and move on.
                poof

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I was replying to DA's first post.
                  Though he didn't say/infer it either.

Comment

He says from a wine bar.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                      Though he didn't say/infer it either.
                      Are you deliberately being thick?
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X