• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eric Bristow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Sorry DA, I don't think he has a point at all, I think he is a complete twat. When you hear about abuse victims suffering life-long psychological trauma due to what happened to them as kids I don't think manning up and giving them a good kicking is likely to happen apart from on the rarest of occasion. Easy to say as an adult who didn't experience it, especially when you have no capacity to think beyond your next kebab and pint.
    We live in the soft mollycoddled world of the victim who is in turn exploited by the bedwetting sanctimonious arseholes who like to judge everyone and everything in order to help them deal with their own issues. My point is that this type of thing has been going on for eternity and there are different ways of dealing with it. Eric Bristows crass comments may well embolden victims to act themselves. If we heard a few stories about these victims refusing to be victims and instead fight back (not necessarily literally) without opening up to the world it may well have the effect of discouraging paedophiles and striking a chord with more recent and current victims.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I guess those soldiers who come back from combat in terrible mental shape are wussy victims too?

I think you're skirting with the lines of decency here DA if you're just doing this to be provocative.

While I will take some empathy with the view that they could have gone to give their abuser a kicking as big muscly athletes, the whole sentiment that they are not 'proper men' because of how they reacted to abuse just sets things back decades.

You talk about a victim empowering society like people used to be tougher about these things. In actual fact, in the past people simply NEVER told anyone about this kind of thing. Wives would be raped and beaten by their husbands for decades, priests would fiddle choirboys, kids in general were abused by those in authority - and they never dared say anything. Only quite recently has the stigma that being abused means you're in the wrong started to be eroded.

If we're empowering victims to denounce their attackers, then good. We damn well SHOULD be empowering victims.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I guess those soldiers who come back from combat in terrible mental shape are wussy victims too?

I think you're skirting with the lines of decency here DA if you're just doing this to be provocative.

While I will take some empathy with the view that they could have gone to give their abuser a kicking as big muscly athletes, the whole sentiment that they are not 'proper men' because of how they reacted to abuse just sets things back decades.

You talk about a victim empowering society like people used to be tougher about these things. In actual fact, in the past people simply NEVER told anyone about this kind of thing. Wives would be raped and beaten by their husbands for decades, priests would fiddle choirboys, kids in general were abused by those in authority - and they never dared say anything. Only quite recently has the stigma that being abused means you're in the wrong started to be eroded.

If we're empowering victims to denounce their attackers, then good. We damn well SHOULD be empowering victims.
        I sort of agree with you. What I am saying is that Eric Bristow has a point. We want today to paint people as victims too readily. There is a morbid fascination to see people coming out in public and perpetrators probably feel empowered at the sight of their victims showing such distress - . if we saw a few of them actually fighting back without feeling the need to tell all and sundry there might be a few more "victims" themselves feel empowered. There is no one rule to dealing with this.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I sort of agree with you. What I am saying is that Eric Bristow has a point. We want today to paint people as victims too readily. There is a morbid fascination to see people coming out in public and perpetrators probably feel empowered at the sight of their victims showing such distress - . if we saw a few of them actually fighting back without feeling the need to tell all and sundry there might be a few more "victims" themselves feel empowered. There is no one rule to dealing with this.
          The first victims who complained about abuse in sport weren't publicised.

They only sought publicity when they realised that other people had been abused as kids by the same individual(s) and it had been swept under the carpet by the authorities which in football is the FA.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Nice attempt to try and twist his words into something else but anyone with half a brain can see what he said was utter rubbish (I guess it comes as no surprise then that that person on here is you DA).

Been playing and following darts for a while and I'm sure anyone else that has will not be in the slightest bit surprised to find out that Bristow is in fact, a total c***.

Comment

Btw DA have you ever wondered why the male suicide level is high?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                He doesn't have a point. If you think he has a point then that makes you a bit of a c*** too.

It's attitudes like his that shame people into not coming forward.

Those speaking out ARE the ones fighting back and empowering other victims to come forward.

People like him and those that would defend him are just

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                  He doesn't have a point. If you think he has a point then that makes you a bit of a c*** too.

It's attitudes like his that shame people into not coming forward.

Those speaking out ARE the ones fighting back and empowering other victims to come forward.

People like him and those that would defend him are just
                  Exactly, well said!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    The fat drunken retard should shut his uneducated gob.
                    It never worked for you
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Jeez. Just when you think some CUK regulars' stupidity cannot plumb new depths, there comes yet another surprise.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X