• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you get Trick'or'Treaters?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The end of the village where all the houses have trampolines?
    Now you mention it, yes (but then again we have a trampoline too)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I had to cave and buy a monster rectangular one of these. But I knocked down a garage to create a play area to the side of the house - specifically so I don't have to look at it!
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        But I knocked down a garage to create a play area to the side of the house ..
        Crikey, won't that have knocked a hefty chunk off the property value?

(unless it was a tumbledown old ivy-clad garage that was due for replacement anyway)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Used to live on a nice estate, within a fairly crap area and we got the occasional one some years. Always young kids dressed up, to be fair - nobody older than 12/13 or so.

Living in the new house in a very middle class area we had two groups at our door yesterday - both very young kids with polite parents on the drive - it was lovely to be absolutely honest. We're probably a bit of an unknown quantity in our street (Brought the corner house, renovated it over a year but haven't really spoken to anyone) so I intend to get a bit more into next year and decorate the house.

I actually quite like Halloween - ever since we went to Vegas in October and saw how the Americans get into it.
          Last edited by vwdan; 1 November 2016, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Crikey, won't that have knocked a hefty chunk off the property value?

(unless it was a tumbledown old ivy-clad garage that was due for replacement anyway)

It's added to the value in fact! It was one of three garages - taking up space and not needed. The previous owner collected classic cars.

Using the space differently has opened up the garden a bit, and made the house far more 'family friendly'.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

ooh are trampolines chavvy then?

must tell Tarquin & Rupbert...
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                ooh are trampolines chavvy then?

must tell Tarquin & Rupbert...
                I think they've caught on with the middle-classes now, but round here certainly.

Next time you're on a train, look at the gardens of all the houses backing onto the railway line - these are probably working/lower-middle class properties and it seems sometimes like trampolines are virtually mandatory.

No idea why this should be the case - they seem like a great think for anyone with kids to me.

Am I the only one who finds houses with gardens butting against railway lines really interesting by the way?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think they've caught on with the middle-classes now, but round here certainly.

Next time you're on a train, look at the gardens of all the houses backing onto the railway line - these are probably working/lower-middle class properties and it seems sometimes like trampolines are virtually mandatory.

No idea why this should be the case - they seem like a great think for anyone with kids to me.

Am I the only one who finds houses with gardens butting against railway lines really interesting by the way?
                  Canals are better. Unfortunately they are all filled with Slough Sheds!

Comment

I used to love Halloween. I have props and effects from horror games I have run so I decked the porch out and dressed up as the grim reaper to give sweets to the kids. I pretended to be a dressed mannequin once I simply stood there until some kids came up the door and rang the doorbell and then I jumped at them, the kids screamed the parents thought it was hilarious.

Now I have two of my own I have grown to hate it. I have to balance taking them to the relevant party, decking the place out, finding/making a costume (and making sure it does not scare my kids), taking them trick or treating etc.

I would rather the entire thing just buggered off.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                      I used to love Halloween. I have props and effects from horror games I have run so I decked the porch out and dressed up as the grim reaper to give sweets to the kids. I pretended to be a dressed mannequin once I simply stood there until some kids came up the door and rang the doorbell and then I jumped at them, the kids screamed the parents thought it was hilarious.

Now I have two of my own I have grown to hate it. I have to balance taking them to the relevant party, decking the place out, finding/making a costume (and making sure it does not scare my kids), taking them trick or treating etc.

I would rather the entire thing just buggered off.
                      Bah Humbug!

Comment

Working...
                      X