• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you get Trick'or'Treaters?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The shops round here started Christmas a couple of weeks ago. Halloween doesn't get a look in. On Saturday the only evidence I saw that it was approaching Halloween was a British kid in batman costume with her dad in a supermarket.

It's so delightful to live in a civilised country.
    OMG, without Halloween and Bonfire Night to break things up it'd be a straight switch from 'back to school' to 'christmas' in retail land. Given i'm usually bored of Christmas by the time December rolls into sight I think that'd be enough to make me join the Witnesses.

Comment

We get a lot of pumpkins in the shops - but that's because it's pumpkin and people here like pumpkin. Had a lovely wild boar (shot by a friend of mine) and pumpkin stew at the weekend.

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      OMG, without Halloween and Bonfire Night to break things up it'd be a straight switch from 'back to school' to 'christmas' in retail land. Given i'm usually bored of Christmas by the time December rolls into sight I think that'd be enough to make me join the Witnesses.
      We've got Herbstmesse to break up the monotony.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        It's just home delivery day for kiddy fiddlers. Glorified begging. Meh.
        Did the kiddy fiddlers turn you down then?

We took the boys out, lots of fun, but agree with the class divide comment, not many in the cul-de-sac's near us, but we dropped off the youngest at a party down the "chavy" end of the next village and there was loads, one house went all out turning their garden into a mini ghost house, collection pot at the end and was rammed packed.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Told ya. Like I told you about buses just stopping in London. The drivers simply wouldn't dare in Salford.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

No trick and treaters ever walk the two miles down our driveway.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Told ya. Like I told you about buses just stopping in London. The drivers simply wouldn't dare in Salford.
              Having read this rather excellent book on the Happy Mondays by Simon Spence I feel I know a bit about how Salford used to be

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Happy-Monda.../dp/1781312648

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              No trick and treaters ever walk the two miles down our driveway.
              They would be OK as long as they knew where the man traps are, surely
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Having read this rather excellent book on the Happy Mondays by Simon Spence I feel I know a bit about how Salford used to be

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Happy-Monda.../dp/1781312648
                If you liked that, you'll probably like this:
                https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perry-Boys-...rds=perry+boys

I'll check if I've still got it at home and bring it down next week for you.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Went out 4 kids strong 3 under 5s and one 7 year old.

Had a great time people were lovely, surprising how many people we knew as we walked round the estate next to us.

Our 2 eldest had a good time at home , our middle one had rigged up a system of string & pulleys to lower sweets at the front door and a spider to make it fun. Put your hand out for the sweets meet the plastic spider!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Had one knock but they scuttled off when they heard the dog and she ran to the door.

Good job, as I'd not bought anything to give them.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Did the kiddy fiddlers turn you down then?

We took the boys out, lots of fun, but agree with the class divide comment, not many in the cul-de-sac's near us, but we dropped off the youngest at a party down the "chavy" end of the next village and there was loads, one house went all out turning their garden into a mini ghost house, collection pot at the end and was rammed packed.
                      The end of the village where all the houses have trampolines?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X