• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you get Trick'or'Treaters?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We haven't had any trick or treaters tonight, so that was a waste of the boiled sprouts in chocolate and gluten/dairy free treats I'd bought in especially.

Then I remembered this is in the door

Taking a break from contracting

Comment

I have no problem with little Jayden and Michaela scrounging for sweets as long as their chavvy parents don't kick off again like they did last year if one of them sets off one of my homemade IEDs!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

About 20 this year (maybe 25), which is less than last year. We like to put some stuff outside though.

Wilmslow and his dog where waiting outside my house.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Wilmslow and his dog where waiting outside my house.
          Wilmslow? Looks more like RichardCranium....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Wilmslow? Looks more like RichardCranium....

Nah, my dummy has a job as a Waiting for Godot skeleton.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We get around a dozen knocks on the door, all pre-teens. We follow the lit pumpkin rule as well. It's good to redress the balance on not accepting sweets from strangers

I prefer penny for the guy and forget the American rubbish.
              Last edited by BigRed; 31 October 2016, 23:36.

Comment

I used to live in Salford and made the mistake of being home first Halloween. Got gangs of 5 or 6 10-14 year olds in standard chav gear. It was more like money by menace than trick or treat. Never made that mistake again.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 31 October 2016, 23:41.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The shops round here started Christmas a couple of weeks ago. Halloween doesn't get a look in. On Saturday the only evidence I saw that it was approaching Halloween was a British kid in batman costume with her dad in a supermarket.

It's so delightful to live in a civilised country.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Our village shop had pumpkins in the window, but that was the height of their Halloween stuff. Any unsold pumpkins, or ones on the turn, are going to be donated to us and other chicken owners. The birds love them.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I used to live in Salford and made the mistake of being home first Halloween. Got gangs of 5 or 6 10-14 year olds in standard chav gear. It was more like money by menace than trick or treat. Never made that mistake again.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X