• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ingenious cooking methods and preparation in hotel rooms!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ingenious cooking methods and preparation in hotel rooms!

Hi

First post on here, although I have been a contractor for many years

Having spent literally years in hotel rooms, no matter how much I try I end out eating really crap food. I never get enough greens or yellows or reds!

So recently I have been trying to come up with ingenious methods by which I can cook food in me hotel room.

I have learnt to boil eggs and boil in bag foods in the kettle, I have even manged to scramble eggs, cook beans and toast using an upturned iron.

Now I am looking for additional pearls of wisdom and ideas

Cheers

You can get a flame less camping cooker. It's a bag that goes in the bottom of a insulated tin to which you add water, this causes a chemical reaction which gives off lots of heat. You then put a 2nd cooking tin on top and away you go.

No2 Acme has one and I've seen him cook rice and pasta using it.

Comment

Why not go AirBnB for short stays or rent a room in a house for medium/long stays?

Comment

Comment

I saw George Egg do his demonstration of "cooking elaborate meals with equipment found in hotel rooms" at the Boring Conference a couple of years ago: https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...incent-connare

Presumably you've also seen him doing it. Bad form to nick his show and re-use it - poorly - for a sockie without attribution, though

Last edited by NickFitz; 5 September 2016, 20:00.

Comment

Once attempted to fry an egg on an iron in a hotel room, by attaching cardboard around the edges.

Landed up setting off the fire alarm to the hotel & being asked to leave the next day. :-(
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Once attempted to fry an egg on an iron in a hotel room, by attaching cardboard around the edges.

Landed up setting off the fire alarm to the hotel & being asked to leave the next day. :-(
              Should have made pancakes like George. He passed those ones you can see on the irons in the photo out to the audience, and everybody who tried a bit said they were very nice

Comment

Breakfast is served

Originally posted by AtW View Post

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

No room service? YNCOTBAC

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Presumably you've also seen him doing it. Bad form to nick his show and re-use it - poorly - for a sockie without attribution, though

How did he manage to get two irons?

Staying at a hotel for any length of time does cause me to crave bland food, but usually if you ask nicely, they'll give you salad without dressing, plain boiled vegetables, plain rice etc. OTOH, as a contractor, why would I stay in a hotel without room service? INKSPE.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X