• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ingenious cooking methods and preparation in hotel rooms!"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    And now, there's an app for that....

Quantity is fine, but it needs to be aligned with the Bristol Stool Chart:

Leave a comment:

• albertramsbottom
    replied

eekeekeekeek

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I kind of like the idea that "steamed crap" = price depends on weight. At least they're honest.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    There are plenty of other delicious ways to have your crap and eat it too....

I kind of like the idea that "steamed crap" = price depends on weight. At least they're honest.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by albertramsbottom View Post
    I only ever seem to get a spoon of peas and a crap salad.
    There are plenty of other delicious ways to have your crap and eat it too....

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    All you need is a kettle to boil these babies in the bag....

Would need to balance getting them out to perfect re-using the kettle for cooking the pasta though.....

Home Delivery Ready Meals, UK - Look What We Found

Just done use the kettle at The Bluebird....

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs...r_England.html
    I wonder if there's a steamer that would fit on top of a hotel cooker, so you could perfectly steam your veg while boiling your boil in the bag product.

This thread does remind me of a contractor I worked with who would stay four nights per week in the Slough Travelodge and eat his Tesco sandwich in his room each nigh, eschewing the pleasures of the Wetherspoon. He was possibly depressed.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• albertramsbottom
    replied
    Roommmmmmmm Service

I think what I didn't explain is regardless if one eats out at the finest restaurants, I just don't get the vits, minerals that I crave

I only ever seem to get a spoon of peas and a crap salad. I am after a huge pile of cabbage, broc and carrots. I am afraid that I rarely eat out as compared to my cheffing its inevitably poor

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Trouser press bacon.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm not sure room service is the answer. Food that's left to go cold and then served under a silly metal dome?
    Not only do you get a chef's special, you get a delivery special as well. Enjoy.....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm not sure room service is the answer. Food that's left to go cold and then served under a silly metal dome?

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    All you need is a kettle to boil these babies in the bag....

Would need to balance getting them out to perfect re-using the kettle for cooking the pasta though.....

Home Delivery Ready Meals, UK - Look What We Found

Just done use the kettle at The Bluebird....

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs...r_England.html
    Last edited by Wilmslow; 6 September 2016, 12:13.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    How did he manage to get two irons?

Staying at a hotel for any length of time does cause me to crave bland food, but usually if you ask nicely, they'll give you salad without dressing, plain boiled vegetables, plain rice etc. OTOH, as a contractor, why would I stay in a hotel without room service? INKSPE.
    And three Gideon Bibles to prop them up. I presume he nicked them from other guests

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Presumably you've also seen him doing it. Bad form to nick his show and re-use it - poorly - for a sockie without attribution, though

How did he manage to get two irons?

Staying at a hotel for any length of time does cause me to crave bland food, but usually if you ask nicely, they'll give you salad without dressing, plain boiled vegetables, plain rice etc. OTOH, as a contractor, why would I stay in a hotel without room service? INKSPE.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    No room service? YNCOTBAC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X