• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot motor yer driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VW T5.1 Love driving my van

If my next role is further afield I'll be getting a motorway car to limit the mileage on the van.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I thought this was a contractors board? These motoring selections remind me of my gran's day care centre.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I thought this was a contractors board? These motoring selections remind me of my gran's day care centre.
        That's post-Brexit Britain for you ...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
            Isn't that one of the longest non-limo cars ever made?
            Probs, was 19' 7" - I measured it, three inches longer than the Sedan de Villes etc, not pillarless, all in the front doors and B pillar...

GXI 3738, was gonna change my name so I could have a private plate, Giles Xavier Irving...

The follies of men's youth....

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Sorry to be really pedantic on this, but... the original DBS V8 ceased in 1971. It was renamed the AM V8 from 1972 onwards, pretty much same shape and engine though. I got the full 9 yards from my dad at a classic car show in the early 80's, he was dribbling all over it, but I was more smitten by an early Lambo, which was probably the Miura, but I can't be sure.
              Mine was the one that wasn;t like Lord Brett Sinclair's on The Persauders, I had the rounder open grille, was an S plate I think, and colour was a strange mid-blue, never liked it.

Paid £4295 for it and can't remember what I sold it for, probs a massive loss knowing me.

I nearly bought a Lambo Espada about the same time, poss before the AM, all cheap as chips in those days, the unloved runts of the supercar litter.

I searched high a low for a Ferrari 365GT4 2+2/400/400i/412i and found a 400 in Carlisle, dealer took it in as P/X on a new Saab, gave him £2495 for it and wanted rid, looking for £1500. It was a shed with no service history so I copped out. Wish I hadn't...

Still want one of those but I do have to say, largely old cars are shiit, can't be arsed anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Very much doubt your mother in law had a 310 BHP 2015 TTS but you never know.

why?

wealth has its privileges. I never said she could drive it. Doubt it ever got out of second gear.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bentley Continental GT Speed.
                  Last edited by Lockhouse; 1 September 2016, 02:21.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, 1975, 8.2 litre, 180hp

Only one nation on earth could take an 8.2 litre engine and extract a pissy 180bhp from it. Given the car probably weighed well over 2 tonnes, the power to weight ratio is roughly comparable with a Raleigh Chopper, which is a bike (of the pedal variety, for the benefit of those born after about 1972).
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

ok

Q7 Black on Titanium 20"s (for away days and holidays - my Dad calls this one the Taxi, says it looks like a black cab)

A4 Estate 3litre tdi quattro (that's the Mrs and children)

Passat CC for going to the office - next year to be replaced by a Golf GTD or Scirocco, whichever will be the silliest and most impractical

Milan.
                      Last edited by milanbenes; 1 September 2016, 06:07.

Comment

Working...
                      X